Windows 10: Flash Drives Have Become Invisible in (my PC & Disk Management)

Discus and support Flash Drives Have Become Invisible in (my PC & Disk Management) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Win-10 with a Flash Drive, The Flash Drive no longer visible either in My PC Folder or in Disk Management Thought this was a Isolated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kira2K, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kira2K Win User

Flash Drives Have Become Invisible in (my PC & Disk Management)

After installing Win-10 with a Flash Drive, The Flash Drive no longer visible either in My PC Folder or in Disk Management Thought this was a Isolated incident, Apparently not as 2 other flash dives i have have also disappeared, Really strange as 1 of the flash drives is less then 2 weeks old, Tried to find them using CMD & Diskpart but noting visible there either
    any other suggestions would be appreciated, Thank you all!!

Flash Drive 1 16GB - Kingston DataTraveler 2.0
    Flash Drive 2 16GB - SanDisk Cruiser Blade 2.0
    Flash Drive 3 8GB - Was a Gift Dont Know Make 2.0

My Motherboard is USB v3.0 (Incase u need this info)

:)

Kira2K, Oct 1, 2015
  2. LayneA Win User

C:\ drive disappeared after upgrade

After my Windows 10 install, I no longer have a C:\ drive. Inserting a flash drive, that becomes C:\

The original C:\ drive is now D:\

I know how to change drive letters through disk management, but have never seen the the ability to change any drive to C:\ in Windows.

Not sure how to overcome this issue.

LayneA, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Problem with USB flash drive letter using Disk Management

Hi Frederik. Thanks for your reply.

1. I didn't know that the first time you insert a USB flash drive into a laptop/PC that the first assigned drive letter remains as a fixed drive letter from then on. I thought USB flash drive letters were always supposed to be dynamically assigned by Windows?
    What happens then in the case you mention in your post if another device eg USB flash drive has claimed this drive letter?
    (You said "They then
    remain fixed unless a different device (e.g. another USB flash disk) has claimed this drive letter" )

2. In Disk Management if I change the USB flash drive that I mention in my post from letter F and instead select the drive letter E: (which is my next available drive letter anyway)..would the drive letter E become fixed and cause problems when I insert
    other USB flash drives?

Sportsfan_881, Oct 1, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Try connecting them in a USB 2.0 port, if available. Also have a look in Device Manager (search for it) and see if USB devices are OK, no yellow question mark or anything. Otherwise you need to update your chipset and USB 3.0 drivers, see the motherboard's manufacturer site, support, drivers section. If they are Intel, I would also go directly to Intel's site for more recent drivers.

spapakons, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Flash Drives Have Become Invisible in (my PC & Disk Management) - Similar Threads - Flash Drives Become

2. flash drive no disk error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash drive no disk error: I used your installation tool for installing windows 10. I used the option to create a flash drive media. result "an unexpected error ocured" when I try to access my flash drive I get the message "no disk in drive" I want my 2 terabyte flash drive be fixed, It was working...
  3. External USB Drive Transplanted to New Enclosure - Invisible in Disk Management - Shows...

External USB Drive Transplanted to New Enclosure - Invisible in Disk Management - Shows...: I have a 4 TB external WD hard drive with a bunch of important files on it. Recently, while cleaning, the drive fell and the data connection port was broken, making it unusable. I opened the casing and removed the 3.5 hard drive within, disconnecting it from the hardware with...
  4. Windows Words Files becoming invisible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Words Files becoming invisible.: To the Microsoft Expert, I have Windows 10, version 1909. Problem: I save the screen picture of a web site to a Document Folder as a Word File. The name I chose for the File then appears in the list of Files in that Folder. I open the File and a picture of the web site...
  5. usb flash disk not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash disk not showing up in disk management: my usb flash drive is not showing in disk management how can I solve this in windows 10? It is a 2TB drive, it shows in device manager and states that it is working but when you click on it, it says no media is found on this drive....
  6. Flash Drive and Disk Reader .

Flash Drive and Disk Reader .: "Insert a disk" My computer is approximately 6 years old and has been used extensively and the drive that plays the flash drives and disks has always worked. Now when I try to play either type, the report comes up immediately, "Insert disk" and there is already one in it....
  7. A hard drive is invisible to disc management

A hard drive is invisible to disc management: Simply does not even appear anywhere in any program in win 10. However drive appears in the bios. Using Ubuntu drive appears in gparted and disks, and I can create and delete partitions on it. The history of the drive, it recently had a severe boot problem, and I copied most...
  8. A hard drive is invisible to disc management

in Windows 10 Support
    A hard drive is invisible to disc management: Simply does not even appear anywhere in any program in win 10. However drive appears in the bios. Using Ubuntu drive appears in gparted and disks, and I can create and delete partitions on it. The history of the drive, it recently had a severe boot problem, and I copied most...
  9. Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window: I am using Windows 10 1703. For whatever reason, the mouse cursor will disappear inside a window/program (I haven't found a pattern for which windows). The cursor is visible when I take it out of the window, and invisible again when I put it back in. Sometimes the problem is...
  10. System Tray icons becomes invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray icons becomes invisible: Hi all, I have an annoying issue with my PC running Windows 10. I have set which icons should be visible in the system tray and they show up there but only for a while, sometimes they just disappear and i have to go into settings and make them visible again. This happens...