Windows 10: flash player: an update for adobe pops up every couple days

Discus and support flash player: an update for adobe pops up every couple days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; an update for adobe pops up every couple days I did not click on anything to make it pop up avg blocks it and removes it I run avg, Malwarebytes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wood, May 28, 2016.

1. Wood Win User

flash player: an update for adobe pops up every couple days

an update for adobe pops up every couple days
    I did not click on anything to make it pop up
    avg blocks it and removes it
    I run avg, Malwarebytes, Microsoft malicious, ccleaner
    They never find what makes it come up
    I do not seem to be on any one page when it happens
    It happens on edge, not sure if it does it with firefox and chrome, I will try and check
    Something must be on computer that triggers it but I cannot find it

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2016
  3. Youtube wont load in IE or EDGE but does in Chrome and Firefox

No not behind a proxy

and windows 10 is up to date FYI Flash Player is integrated into EDGE and IE

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

"Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

You do not need to install Flash Player. "

flash player is up to date on this machine and that flash article was from last year Jan 2016 not Jan 2017

FYI. If you are guessing at flash player in Edge then you need to send End Users to advanced settings and make sure Adobe Flash Player is enabled.

Mark Masiak- [O365], May 28, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

It's likely a malware or PUP pop up ad. Could open on any link. Do NOT follow the screen directions and CLOSE the window (use Task Manager, if need be). Windows 10 will update Flash Player for Edge via Update. There is nothing for you to do regarding Flash Player.

Here's a link to Adobe's Flash Player check to see if you have latest version for your browser. Use it to verify if a popup window is valid or not.

Flash Player Help

mrgeek, May 28, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I agree with MrGeek.

What AntiVirus software do you have installed? You might want to run a full scan. Remove the version of flash you have and install it from the official website.

swarfega, May 28, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Do you have Flash Player installed? If you do is it set to auto check for updates? You can access Flash Player in control panel.

Winuser, May 28, 2016
  7. aftend89 Win User
    Tottaly delete FlashPlayer, and when you will start it again monitor your Antivirus.

aftend89, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. flash player: an update for adobe pops up every couple days - Similar Threads - flash player update

2. Adobe Flash player updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Flash player updates: If there is no future support for Flash Player, why do I need to download updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/1f17e359-1e94-4294-abf9-fc9dc23457d9
  3. Adobe flash player updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe flash player updates: Why do I need updates if not supported after 12/31/20? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/b1d39773-6b5d-41e0-b069-9bfa700b0987
  4. Adobe Flash Player Update

Adobe Flash Player Update: Doesn't Windows do Adobe Flash Player updates anymore? I used to get the standard update every month along with the Cumulative update but that hasn't happened since September. [ATTACH]...
  5. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash Player: I get the message Adobe Flash Player blocked on a gaming site I play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player/181c21d3-96dd-4597-8a4a-3e56d8eb7c43
  6. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Flash Player: Hello, I have installed Flash and it works on chrome and Microsoft edge. But, when I download a swf. file, I can not open it with flash saying 'you must have administrative to install adobe flash player. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again.', although I...
  7. Adobe Flash Player updates

Adobe Flash Player updates: I have several "Adobe Flash Player" updates that require a restart. After a restart they still do not install. This does not work. None will install. What can I do. Using Windows 10....
  8. Adobe Flash Player

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player: Hi,Adobe Flash Player comes with Win 10,I have it enabled but recently went onto an account to pay a bill online (using Edge browser) and it said I needed the latest version of Adobe Flash,Adobe site tells me Flash is built into Win 10. Internet Explorer gives me access to my...
  9. Adobe Flash Player update

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player update: Version 18.0.0.232 http://www.cso.com.au/article/581746/patch-tuesday-adobe-fixes-34-flash-bugs-microsoft-fixes-edge-browser/ Adobe - Flash Player 15503
  10. Adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe flash player: I keep having problems with flash player...it stops functioning or the games go really really slow.. I searched my computer which is an Acer Aspire lV obviously windows 10 and I found lots of things to do with Flashplayer...it seems to me I have multiple applications........