Windows 10: Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

Discus and support Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So last night I downloaded and used the 'Tweaking.com' Windows 10 software to see whether or not there were any issues with my registry, selected all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanC06, Aug 20, 2017.

1. IanC06 Win User

Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

So last night I downloaded and used the 'Tweaking.com' Windows 10 software to see whether or not there were any issues with my registry, selected all options for repair and off it went.

Today sees me not being able to watch any video that uses Flashplayer, but only if I view it through the Edge browser (IE11/Firefox work fine). Using the adobe website to see if it is still installed says yes, and the 'Use FlashPlayer' is shown as being 'On' in the advanced settings of Edge.

Going to a random youtube video gives me this:-
    Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?) [​IMG]

So, um, any assistance would be great!

:)

IanC06, Aug 20, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

This happened to me 4 months ago and running a registry cleaner. To this day, Flash will not work in Edge, or Internet Explorer. There are vestiges of Flash remaining, but not enough to allow Flash content to run in either browser.

For instance, right now, I'm viewing tenforums.com using IE-11. At the bottom of the window is a IE pop-up asking me if I want to run the add-on: "Adobe Flash Player"? I click on "Allow", but nothing happens. The pop-up remains.

From what I've read over the past many hours of researching this, only a "Refresh of Windows 10" works for others who have damaged their Adobe Flash registry. Even the monthly Flash Update does not fix it. I'm hesitant to do a Win-10 refresh, because I don't want to lose a bunch of custom settings. Plus, I think it takes longer than an hour to run.

AllenChicago, Aug 21, 2017
Thema:

Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?)

1. Flash Player issues via Edge (Registry?) - Similar Threads - Flash Player issues

2. Can I install the Flash Player for IE on Windows 10 via the Flash Player installer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install the Flash Player for IE on Windows 10 via the Flash Player installer?: Hi Team, I have downloaded a standalone installer for the latest version of Adobe Flash Player for IE. But I can't process to install it on my computer Window 10 and the following reminder displayed to me on a web page. "We provide PPAPI and NPAPI version of Flash...
  3. Flash Player Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flash Player Issues Windows 10: My Flash player it seems keeps crashing every 30-45 minutes or sometimes longer. I use a lot of audio, I have my web browser with youtube, etc and also use guitar rig to play guitar through the computer, and also have a videogame (starcraft II) running in the background. My...
  4. turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?: Why did I have to go to Adobe to find a simple solution for turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge? Would I be better off with Chrome to use Flash Player?...
  5. Flash player in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash player in Edge: I am only offered the choice of allow once when enabling Adobe Flash player on Edge, so I have to enable it every time I go to a website where it's needed, and there's one in particular I go to a lot. I tried permissions, but that didn't work. How else can I enable Flash so I...
  6. Flash player issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash player issues: Hi all, Have recently had a problem occur and haven't been able to find any help in resolving it so, thought i'd try here. A couple of weeks ago, I had a windows update on my computer. I have Win 10 Pro version. The update also included updates for adobe flash player and I...
  7. Flash Player in Edge Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Player in Edge Windows 10: My flash player is on but will not allow me to use. How do I enable or allow me to use? Do I need to upgrade or have plugin? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-in-edge-windows-10/72cb2a50-d41c-4b3e-b04c-901b34ebcd48
  8. Flash Player issues in every browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Flash Player issues in every browsers: Hello everyone, I've been having strange issues for a few months I don't know if I'm posting in the right section but since it's flash player related I think it's fine. The issue is that flash player will mess up games (playing them but not fully, some things not appearing)...
  9. Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash player is missing in Edge browser on Win10: I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, however I cannot play Flash content in Edge browser. It is enabled in the advanced settings in Edge and it is still not working, saying I have to update my Flash plugin, however it is supposed to be bundled with Edge. I do not...
  10. MS Edge and Flash Player.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge and Flash Player.: I am trying my best to use MS Edge, but I am not happy with the built in flash player. Sometimes I do get the prompt to use flash once or always, other times nothing. Use adobe flash is set to on, so why are some sites with video not playing. Here is one site that does not...