Windows 10: Flash Player Settings in Control Panel?

Discus and support Flash Player Settings in Control Panel? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why are we still seeing an icon for Flash Player (32 bit) in Control Panel like this? I thought Flash was now embedded in browsers. 95627 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Flash Player Settings in Control Panel?

Why are we still seeing an icon for Flash Player (32 bit) in Control Panel like this? I thought Flash was now embedded in browsers.

:)

Steve C, Oct 16, 2017

2. cannot unistall flash player windows 10

I manually deleted the following folders:

\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash

%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player

You have to change owner/permissions to folders in order to delete. (not fun)

This has completely removed flash player from my computer,

however the applet or control panel for

Flash Player (32bit) still exists in

control panel/system and security/.

Which would be removed by a normal uninstall.

Windows 10 upgrade installed flash player.

Flash player did not show up in settings/system/Apps & features

or control panel/programs/uninstall a program.

From where you could do a normal uninstall.

Personally I would not mark this as an answer or solution.

Thank you for keeping in touch with me.

TPeterson1st, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Is flash player is preinstalled in windows 10?

there is flash player in control panel. and update setting is grayed how to uninstall it completely?

Abhiyan Bista, Oct 16, 2017
  4. GalaxyGe Win User

I think this comes from a manual install that you would have to have initiated. Seen the same on my PC but didn't find how to deinstall.

GalaxyGe, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    When you have Flash installed, you will always have the Flash settings app in Control panel.

It is there for you to set your private settings, if you want to allow flash or websites to use your mic & camera and to
    give permission to how much memory space to let websites use.

Update settings can be made there to. These settings apply to all browsers using Flash (Chrome, FireFox, IE a.s.o.)

Gordon7, Oct 16, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I might have once installed Flash but it's no longer installed. Any idea how to remove the Flash Control Panel icon since Flash stand-alone is no longer installed?

Steve C, Oct 17, 2017
  7. GalaxyGe Win User
    GalaxyGe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flash Player Settings in Control Panel? - Similar Threads - Flash Player Settings

2. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  3. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  4. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Control Panel VS Settings

Control Panel VS Settings: Hello everybody,Who preferes the control panel and who preferes settings in ms win10?what i think: i dont like settings because a lot of control panel functions are not included.settings seems to be the UWP of the control panel. Is settings wrongly designed yes still in...
  6. Can't get rid of Flash Player control panel item

Can't get rid of Flash Player control panel item: I have tried the following: Install KB4577586 , which is supposed to do the job: it returns 'update not applicable' exit code -2145124329 Unregistered the Flash plugin regsvr32 /u /s "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash.ocx" Removed renamed folder...
  7. Why is Flash Player still showing in control panel?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Flash Player still showing in control panel?!: Hello, why is Flash Player still showing in control panel. I heard Flash Player is deprecated and not supported anymore. Can i delete it safely? I am on Windows 20H2! Thanks for a direct asnwer :...
  8. Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears: When I click on Add Devices or Advanced Printer Setup, the window briefly flashes before disappearing. I can't access the options at all. As well as this, Bluetooth devices are not appearing in the Bluetooth settings, or in control panel. The bluetooth drivers are under...
  9. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  10. Flash Player settings

Flash Player settings: I wonder who's in charge, me or my computer!? I want Flash player to run automatically, but I have to "allow it to run once" every time I want to use it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-settings/7065a9cc-34d9-4b8f-b507-415e20d117f4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash player settings are still in system and security

2. flash player 32bit in control panel