Windows 10: Flash player works online, but not on my PC ?

Discus and support Flash player works online, but not on my PC ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason that I can't work out Flash Player on my PC has suddenly stopped working. I normally open PDF animations/videos on my machine with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FredM8, Aug 31, 2016.

1. FredM8 Win User

Flash player works online, but not on my PC ?

For some reason that I can't work out Flash Player on my PC has suddenly stopped working.

I normally open PDF animations/videos on my machine with Adobe Acrobat.
    I have downloadded the latest reader from Adobe but that is not working either.
    I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Adobe Flash plugin.

No matter which way I work it I get the yellow bar at the top of the PDF video to say that I must install the lates version of Flash to view the content.
    I am seriously stuck !
    Can anyone help ?

:)

FredM8, Aug 31, 2016

2. flash player for noxia Lumia 521

I need to know the right flash player for my Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 521? If Adobe is the best? If so what flash player from Adobe? If not what flash player works? Better to play movies online?

AimieCanady, Aug 31, 2016
  3. adobe flash player is not able to run movies from Hotstar

I use windows 10 on my desktop pc. Microsoft edge is my browser. adobe flash player is pre installed and I have enabled it on Microsoft edge settings. though I cant run movies from Hotstar online, it shows to enable adobe flash player. I tried to install
    the adobe flash player but it is not happening. I failed repeatedly on this. please help.

SUKANTAKARMAKAR, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Flash player works online, but not on my PC ?

Hi:

It sounds as if there may be some confusion here, because of the many different software applications from Adobe?

Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader are for working with/creating/viewing PDF document files, not for viewing videos.

Adobe Flash Player is a browser plug-in used for viewing flash videos (not "PDF videos").*Wink

There are different versions of Adobe Flash Player for Firefox and similar browsers (NPAPI), versus for MS Internet Explorer (Active-X), vs. for Opera and similar, Chromium-based browsers (PPAPI).

AFAIK It is actually pre-installed with IE11 on Windows 10; someone will correct me if I am wrong (sorry, but I don't use IE). I am pretty sure the built-in Flash Player pre-installed with IE11 should auto-update.

• What browser are you using?
    • What version of that browser?

Thanks,
    MM

(It's important to keep Flash Player updated, because of security vulnerabilities.)

MoxieMomma, Aug 31, 2016
  5. FredM8 Win User
    Thanks for the reply !

I have a number of PDF videos that I have always viewed in Adobe Acrobat, although I believe that version 9 and above of Acrobat Reader will also play them. When I open a PDF file with a embedded video I get this message in a yellow bar at the top of the screen........
    "! To view Flash technology content in this file, please install the required version of Flash Player"

I get the same message when trying to view a stand alone PDF video ?

My installed version of Flash Player is "Adobe Flash Player 22 PPAPI" Version 22.0.0.209

I am using Google Chrome, but like I say I am not having problems online, YouTube works just fine.
    It is only the stuff on my PC that wont work anymore.

FredM8, Aug 31, 2016
  6. FredM8 Win User
    Got it sorted !

I downloaded the latest version of Acrobat Reader then went to Help/Updates. There were two for windows, but only one was needed to get everything installed correctly. After that everything displayed OK in the new Acrobat Reader, and also in my current Acrobat Programme.

Thanks for trying MoxieMomma !
    It is appreciated

FredM8, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Hi:

If you have Adobe ACROBAT (paid program), you do not need Adobe Acrobat READER (free program).
    Acrobat does every thing Reader does AND a lot more.
    If you have both programs installed for some reason, it's important to remember to keep both of them updated, for security reasons.
    But if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can just uninstall Adobe Acrobate Reader.
    (With Adobe's move to cloud-based programs and some product name changes, it's very confusing these days.)

Cheers,
    MM

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean by "PDF videos", but if you are happy and everything is working OK for you, that's all that matters.*Smile Thanks for letting us know.

MoxieMomma, Sep 1, 2016
  8. FredM8 Win User

Open a MP4 video in Acrobat, and save as a PDF. It will convert other video/sound formats too.

FredM8, Sep 1, 2016
  9. MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flash player works online, but not on my PC ? - Similar Threads - Flash player works

2. Flash player work around?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash player work around?: Hello I have a disc that has pictures that requires flash player to open. I understand that flash player no longer exists. Is there a different program I can use to open this disc contents?...
  3. Flash player work around?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash player work around?: Hello I have a disc that has pictures that requires flash player to open. I understand that flash player no longer exists. Is there a different program I can use to open this disc contents?...
  4. Shockwave flash player isn't working on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shockwave flash player isn't working on my pc: My computer is months old and has windows 10. I also, Installed the new version of shockwave flash player but, I have noticed when I try to load a website with IE using shockwave player, It reloads and reloads until it crashes. When I tried playing a game made with...
  5. Flash Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Player: How are we suppose to play games or files ect that use flashplayer now once flashplayer is gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player/c5b27e03-8cc4-446c-a5c6-855c7ed15d00
  6. flash player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash player: I am unable to enable flash player on windows 10. Using any browser. Edge tells me flash player is disabled but in settings, it is on. How can I enable flash player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player/eac76d81-b8b9-496e-bda2-c14b4c67c596
  7. Flash Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Player: Sorry if this has been covered before,when visiting some websites the jigsaw icon for Flash player used to have the options "Allow Once" "Always Allow" but now the only option is "Allow Once" is there any way round this to "Always Allow" Flash content on web pages? 119696
  8. flash player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    flash player: Why does my flash player not work some Facebook games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/flash-player/841c75a1-1469-480a-a460-335e67a1b253
  9. flash player

flash player: howto reinstall Microsoft embeds Flash Player *Sick 25005
  10. Flash Player.

Flash Player.: Good Day,has anybody solved either of these problems,on Win 10,First when I try to open greeting cards from Jacquie Lawson,it tells me I need to download Adobe flash,when I try this, Win 10 tells me it is already installed,(between a rock,and a hard place) so I am unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash player works online not offline