Windows 10: Flash won't install on Build 9860

Discus and support Flash won't install on Build 9860 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by unifex, Oct 24, 2014.

1. unifex Win User

Flash won't install on Build 9860

Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in the process of setting up. Suddenly I got the following message while installing Adobe Flash: "The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player". I'm a bit at a loss here. Any ideas?
    Flash won't install on Build 9860 [​IMG]

:)

unifex, Oct 24, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Oct 24, 2014
  3. Windows defender not updating definitions on windows 10

Any update to this one? It's been happening for me since I installed 9860 - it just won't install the updates.

I've tried the methods for fixing it that apply to 8.1 with no avail.

ScottBentley_HTG, Oct 24, 2014
  4. brummyfan Win User

You don't need to install Flash Player.

brummyfan, Oct 24, 2014
  5. unifex Win User
    How do you mean?

unifex, Oct 24, 2014
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    Flash is now imbedded into IE11 so you don't need to install it anymore. It's the same as on Windows 8/8.1. It's also updated through Windows update via IE.

Also, if you look under Control Panel in Windows 8/8.1 and now 10, you'll see the Flash Player.

sygnus21, Oct 24, 2014
  7. brummyfan Win User
    How do you mean? Adobe Flash Player embedded into the Operating system.

brummyfan, Oct 24, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Funny, I had to install it for FireFox.
    Oh and I didn't have an issue doing it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2014
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Can't speak for Firefox or any other browser, but it (Flash) is installed by default along with IE11. And when trying to install it on Windows 8, as the OP found out with Win 10, the OS will complain that it's already installed.

I know this because when I was initially having IE11 issue with certain sites under Win 8, I tried installing Flash only to find it wasn't compatible with the OS, and that it was already installed.

I'm not going to argue with you and say you didn't install a copy, but... *Confused

sygnus21, Oct 25, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    There's still lots of media out there that doesn't support HTML so you may need the plug-in for Firefox.
    I ran into similar issues as well, so I downloaded the standalone installer from Adobe Labs and all was good. (Flash v. 15.0.0.199)

Edwin, Oct 25, 2014
  11. I installed Firefox and firefox asked it I wanted flash add-on *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 25, 2014
  12. topgundcp Win User
    How do you mean? Adobe Flash Player embedded into the Operating system. True if you only use IE as your browser. For IE, flash is installed as an Activex and updated via Windows Updates. However, if you use any other browser such as: Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc ... then you must install flash as a plugin/add-on.

These files are in: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

It seems that a lot of things don't work properly if you are running 9860 from upgrade. I gave up with mine and clean installed 9860 and all issues are gone.

badrobot, Oct 25, 2014
  14. unifex Win User
    I now realize that the problem I had was indeed related to IE - the installer that did not work was Flash for IE. The other installer - Flash for other browsers - installed without a problem. I don't usually use IE, but on Windows 7 I typically install Flash and Java for IE also - just in case I might need it for some strange website that requires IE (although lately the number of such sites is greatly diminished).

The Flash in control panel is 32 bit. I do not use 32 bit browsers since I'm using a 64-bit OS. Perhaps that's why Firefox did not see it and I needed to install the plugin.

unifex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flash won't install on Build 9860 - Similar Threads - Flash won't install

2. Windows defender service won't start (build 9860)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender service won't start (build 9860): Hi there Anybody encountered THIS problem yet (I have no other AV software running). Windows defender won't start. Cheers jimbo 2726
  3. KB2600211 Update 4.0.3 for .Net4 ----- Build 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB2600211 Update 4.0.3 for .Net4 ----- Build 9860: Trying to run a financial trading application, "Fidelity Active Trader Pro" which was running without problem on build 9841. On build 9860 when starting ATP I immediately get a dialog box requiring an upgrade, KB2600211 (update 4.0.3), be made to .Net 4. I downloaded the...
  4. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  5. TRI boot with new build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRI boot with new build 9860: Hello all, on my system i have 1 HDD with duel boot WIN 7 and WIn 8.1 when i installed win 10 TP i istalled it on a second laptop drive i had hanging around and managed to prefabricate a fit into my Pc. all i had to do was enter the BIOS at switch on and select witch drive...
  6. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  7. Build 9860 ISO

Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new version of Windows 10 build 9860. This updated build has a lot of new features over 9841, many of which were not announced when the download went live. Of those who downloaded the build, 41% installed it on their desktop, 32% on...