Windows 10: Flashing VBIOS

Discus and support Flashing VBIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When flashing my NVIDIA GTX 970M VBIOS with fvbios, it tells me to disable the Nvidia Display Adapter in the device manager. I disable it, but then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Illuminati Izzy, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Flashing VBIOS

When flashing my NVIDIA GTX 970M VBIOS with fvbios, it tells me to disable the Nvidia Display Adapter in the device manager. I disable it, but then it doesn't detect it when running fvbios. I enabled it and opened the 3d animation in the nvidia control panel, and it detects it but when pressing y to go forth with the flash it doesn't do anything. Help!

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Sep 24, 2016
  2. bcharas Win User

LiveKernelEvent 141 crashes when gaming on MSi GT62VR 6RE

Hey there Dan,

I'm running into an almost identical issue, also on a MSi GT62VR laptop. Could you point me in the direction of some guidance on how to flash the vBIOS on the graphics card? I tried googling it and am
    finding a lot of differing info.

Thanks!

Ben

bcharas, Sep 24, 2016
  3. LiveKernelEvent 141 crashes when gaming on MSi GT62VR 6RE

Hi Philip.

I flashed the vBIOS on the graphics card. It now works without crashing.

Thanks

Dan Rewcastle, Sep 24, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Flashing VBIOS

I have only used NVFLASH. It worked.

(It also required that the display adapter be disabled in Device Manager.)

As you're working with a 970m, I suppose that it's in a laptop rather than the desktop that you list in your specs. I wonder whether it has dual graphics, and whether that adds additional complexity.

bobkn, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I would only do this if really essential since you can brick your GPU.

Steve C, Sep 25, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    ... and bricking the graphics in a laptop may be harder to fix than in a desktop.

bobkn, Sep 25, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    Newer versions of NVFlash auto disable the CARD for you now .........

I have not done this on a mobile Chip though......

KB.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Flashing VBIOS

1. Flashing VBIOS - Similar Threads - Flashing VBIOS

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...
  4. Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen: Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers still it is present but when I uninstalled the graphic drivers using ddu and run the game the flashing stopped. Only when the graphic drivers is installed it is...
  5. Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen

Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen: Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers still it is present but when I uninstalled the graphic drivers using ddu and run the game the flashing stopped. Only when the graphic drivers is installed it is...
  6. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen continually flashing: Windows 10 PC is stable at start up, but starts flashing as soon as I log on.The system has an ASROCK A320M mobo, and a VGA monitor - no separate graphics cardWhat I have done - from installation USB:created a new admin account;run sfc from command prompt could not ..reseated...
  7. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen continually flashing: Windows 10 PC is stable at start up, but starts flashing as soon as I log on.The system has an ASROCK A320M mobo, and a VGA monitor - no separate graphics cardWhat I have done - from installation USB:created a new admin account;run sfc from command prompt could not ..reseated...
  8. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

9. Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends: Here are my system specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\The menu I talk about is the menu in your taskbar, which allows you to search and pin...
  10. Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends

Window 11 menu slow to load & flashing recommends: Here are my system specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\The menu I talk about is the menu in your taskbar, which allows you to search and pin...