Windows 10: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Flashlight in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Turn On or Off Flashlight in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149 for phones now includes a Flashlight quick action button in the Action Center so you can quickly turn your phone’s flash into a flashlight.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly turn on or off the flashlight as needed on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Here's How:

1. Swipe all the way down from the top of your phone to open Action Center.

2. Tap on the Flashlight quick action button to turn it on (highlighted) or off for what you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 22, 2016

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  4. xinlifoss Win User

Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

6. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

1. Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Flashlight Turn Off

2. Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off: How to: Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off How to Turn On or Off Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The double tap to wake feature allows you to awaken your sleeping phone by tapping twice on the screen. This...
  3. Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Encryption for your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Device encryption helps protect your files and folder on your Windows 10 Mobile phone from unauthorized...
  4. W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Wi‑Fi Sense automatically connects you to Wi‑Fi, so you can get online quickly in more places. It can do these things for you...
  5. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth, and NFC sharing wireless communication at once on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. While in Airplane mode, you...
  6. Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth lets you use all sorts of wireless devices with your phone—Bluetooth headsets, headphones, a...
  7. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  8. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  9. Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Find My Phone in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions,...
  10. Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Emergency Alerts in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) are emergency messages sent by authorized government alerting authorities through...