Windows 10: Flickering Issue

Discus and support Flickering Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while! I have a Pc that is flickering when opening certain applications. Googling around says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gator, Feb 8, 2018.

1. gator Win User

Flickering Issue

Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while!

I have a Pc that is flickering when opening certain applications. Googling around says that if I bring up task manager and it flickers, it's a display driver issue. It's an Optiplex 3050 and updated via dell command update and also I went and pulled the display driver from the Dell website just to be sure. BIOS is up to date as well as all other drivers/windows updates. It's really bad with Quickbooks and Outlook opens but it will also flicker if I open task manager. sfc scan comes back ok. Am I missing something here? Resolution issue?

I don't think this is a cause but I did notice this box as well. It doesn't seem to be tied to any program.

Flickering Issue [​IMG]

:)

gator, Feb 8, 2018
  2. 72westy Win User

Flickering issue

Performed a clean boot and issue still exists. I'm going to roll back to the previous 1703 build and I'll post back my results. This issue was not present when I was running 1703 OS build 15063.608

I also tried a few older graphics drivers as well and that did not resolve the issue as well.

72westy, Feb 8, 2018
  3. 72westy Win User
    Flickering issue

I upgraded my AMD Crimson drivers from 17.10.2 to 17.11.1 and now notice subtle flickering of the screen when moving the mouse around in either 2D or VC cockpit of any aircraft.

I was not receiving this with the previous 17.10.2 drivers. Anyone else with an AMD card notice this? I did submit a report on the AMD site. System info in my signature. This is with P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709 OS build 16299.64

I've not received any crashes of P3D since upgrading (11/22/17) Windows 10 to the current build.

Update:

Applies to P3Dv3.4.22.19868

I've now confirmed this issue happens when running P3Dv3 in full screen mode. If I switch to windowed mode there is no flickering when moving mouse around. Switch P3Dv3 back to full screen and flickering will start up again when moving mouse around buttons/switches
    under Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS build 16299.64

Currently running 17.11.2 Crimson drivers but this occurred with older drivers as well. I believe strongly it has something to do with the jump from Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 OS build 15063.608 to 1709 OS build 16299.64

System specs: Windows10Pro64bit/Corei52500K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/GSkill16GBDDR3CL7-8-8-24/XFXHDRadeon7870DD2GB-Crimson 17.11.2drivers/SoundBlasterXfiXtremeGamer/1TBSATA3Hitachi/1TBSATA3WD/1TBSATA3WD/LGBlueRayDL/RosewillChallengerTower/Antec650wPSU

72westy, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Flickering Issue

Hi gator

Might help if you posted what type of graphics card / adapter you are using as well as the monitor make and model?

When did this start?

If you are using an expansion card have you tried reseating and reseating any cables.

I would also disconnect monitor cables both end and make sure they are seated correct. Some displays have drivers as well so I would check it and I would check that you are using suitable refresh rate for your particular display.

Any chance yo have a spare cable to try.

I tried to Google you small box. Some articles talked to monitor fault / firmware. Maybe googling display model will get better hits, hence the request for information.

One example

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...gsync-monitor/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2018
  5. gator Win User
    I see the issue remotely so it's not a hardware issue. Everything in the PC is stock and it's brand new straight from Dell. Firmware was updated with Dell Command and I verified with manufacturers website that it pulled the correct firmware. I will take a look at that link and I do appreciate any assistance.

gator, Feb 8, 2018
  6. That link won't help if you are seeing remotely as the link was more about display hardware issues.

Hopefully some other member has a far better solution.

So when did it start? Can you relate it to an update either software or driver? Have you tried rolling back driver to older version.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Flickering Issue

1. Flickering Issue - Similar Threads - Flickering Issue

2. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  3. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  4. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  5. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  6. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  8. Screen flickering issue

Screen flickering issue: I am facing screen flickering issue I try to update my AMD driver and I think I installed the wrong one. And also I didn't deleted my old driver before installing the new one is it necessary? .I went to a shop to fix it but they said its happening because of my screen is...
  9. Screen Flickering Issue

Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...
  10. Screen Flickering Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issue: Good day everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a while without facing much issues. I honestly have no idea if this was caused by a recent update, however, what happened was my screen started to flicker. Every time it happened, I was using Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Word...