Windows 10: Flickering/Mini hang ups/Not responding.

Discus and support Flickering/Mini hang ups/Not responding. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies in advance if it's not. I have a bit of an issue with running apps and games on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Huxley, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Huxley Win User

Flickering/Mini hang ups/Not responding.

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies in advance if it's not.

I have a bit of an issue with running apps and games on Windows 10.
    The example that is most prominent is a game called Starbound, when I run it the game defaults to windowed mode and if I click anywhere it very briefly stop responding (give me the not responding message) and I do mean briefly, split second...and the screen flickers. As you can imagine it makes the game unplayable with the constant hang ups and flickering.

(Another sub problem is occasionally after clicking anywhere within an app, including Chrome, it will sometimes compress to show just the title bar, not a big deal as hitting the expand button restores it to full size. Interesting thing though)

The problem is not restricted to that game though and happens with a few other games and some programs, after doing extensive googling and finding a handful of other poor souls with the same issue but no fix I have come here in the hopes someone knows wth is going on.

Things I have tried: (no change overall)
    Reinstalling windows without updates.
    Reinstalling windows with updates.
    virus scans.
    updated graphics drivers both beta and release.
    full hard drive wipe and reinstall of windows.
    turning various services on and off at the suggestion of other people.

Anyways, some help or idea's would be great at this point.
    Thank you

Hux

:)

Huxley, Jan 15, 2016
  2. cows---01 Win User

Nokia 6101, Mini display back to front "HELP"

Mini display back to front and upside down.When phone is open main display flickers and jumps phone about a week old. No problems up to noany ideas.

cows---01, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Why only n97 got fireware update but N97 mini dont have

I really REALLY hope it will be available in Norway sooon!! My mini hangs, locks up and freezes way to often..

sirandrew214---01, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

Flickering/Mini hang ups/Not responding.

1. Flickering/Mini hang ups/Not responding. - Similar Threads - Flickering Mini hang

2. pc hangs up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc hangs up: Ctrl/alt/delete gets it going again but shortly after it freezes again, any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-hangs-up/cfe33a9f-1324-4b60-98fd-2f296e3f866e
  3. Hangs on start up

Hangs on start up: Windows 10 freezes or hangs on the motherboard screen where you can choose boot options etc... and does not respond to keystrokes. I have to manually restart to progress to the spinning circles and then the computer boots normally. Its been going on for months and is only a...
  4. Screen Flickering Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flickering Up: For a while now, my computer's screen has been constantly flickering upward. I've tried restarting it and updating my computer, but nothing has come of it. I checked if it happened on every application I had, and it did. If it's important, my display adaptor is IntelR IrisR...
  5. Cortana Hangs While Listening (Does not respond)

in Cortana
    Cortana Hangs While Listening (Does not respond): [ATTACH] Cortana simply hangs when in this screen (when it is supposed to listen to me). This screen can be opened by clicking the Cortana icon on the taskbar or by saying 'Hey Cortana'. Cortana is not able to listen to anything I say. This screen simply closes after being...
  6. Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding

Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding: Hi, Have been experiencing application hang/window explorer not responding/BDoS recently. These are the errors from event viewer. 1) Multiple COMRuntime error An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class...
  7. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  8. Edge hanging up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge hanging up: When I use my computer after it has sat for a couple of hours, anything I open on Edge freezes requiring Edge to be closed. When I try to reopen it, I get the blue screen with the Edge logo, but it doesn't proceed beyond there. In order to fix it, the computer must be...
  9. Hanging start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hanging start up: I have a issue with windows 10 taking 30+ seconds to load up. It gets stuck on welcome screen and i never used to have this issue before. Here is my logs. It used to take 2-5 sec tops. Bootlog shows multiple times BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED...
  10. Screen Hang up

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Hang up: I use msn.com as my home page with a fav's bar. The past few days when I move from msn to a fav and after 5 min try to return to msn my screen freezes, something like it times out. How can I correct this ????? Thanks 66159