Windows 10: flight mode unable to turn off

Discus and support flight mode unable to turn off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows10 64 bit, computer toggle on f2 functions correctly, but in control, settings, will always revert to flight mode with no way of overriding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyFairs, Jul 23, 2018.

1. RoyFairs Win User

flight mode unable to turn off

In windows10 64 bit, computer toggle on f2 functions correctly, but in control, settings, will always revert to flight mode with no way of overriding this,

machine asus sonic master purchased Dec 2017. Any ideas?

:)

RoyFairs, Jul 23, 2018

2. How to turn OFF Flight mode?

Hello, I have Nokia Lumia 520 and since last week I am trying to
    turn OFF flight mode, but I couldn't. I tried the following things to turn OFF it:

• Restart the phone (remove the SIM card and Memory card)
    • Reset the phone
    • Install the Software update using Microsoft Recovering Tool via Windows 7 PC.
    But still I am facing the same problem (Unable to turn OFF the flight mode). So please tell me
    what to do to turn OFF the flight mode...

AbhiSharma109, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Boots up in Flight Mode

There are two reasons why your Booklet might boot in flight mode:

• It was in flight mode when it was shut down (it will remember when it is restarted); and
    • If you hold the power button down for around 2 seconds when you turn the Booklet on, it will boot in flight mode.
    Hope this helps!

- Miles.

milesr---01, Jul 23, 2018
  4. flight mode unable to turn off

Flight Mode icon is Always Highlighted, even if its Turned Off in Windows 10

Hello Bibhudutta,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue along with the screenshot.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Flight mode icon is always highlighted even if it’s turned off on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incorrect Flight mode settings on the system.

I would suggest you to make sure that in Flight mode settings, there should not be any check mark against the option that says “Turn on flight mode”.

Also refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• While on Desktop, move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen and go to Settings
    • On the opened Settings pane in the right, click the wireless network icon from the lower section
    • On the opened Networks pane in the right, move the button under the Airplane mode section to the left to turn the Airplane mode feature off
    • In order to turn the Airplane mode feature back on, follow the steps from 3 to 6 while moving the button under the Airplane mode section to the right
    But in case you’re not able to turn it off at all, because the switch is grayed out, check if there’s no physical wireless On/Off switch on the device. If you find a physical switch device and it is set to off, just switch
    it back to On and you should be able to turn Off the Airplane mode on your laptop.

For reference:

You may refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

What’s flight mode?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

flight mode unable to turn off

1. flight mode unable to turn off - Similar Threads - flight mode unable

2. Flight Mode will not switch off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flight Mode will not switch off: Hi, Power up laptop today wanting to sue it wirelessly But Flight Mode is on. I have not selected it but It will not switch off. Laptop is a Dell E6440. Win 10 has all updates as far as I am aware. Any ideas....
  3. Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to turn off Windows S Mode: Hello, I found that I am unable to install any applications outside of the Microsoft Store in my company Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. When I tried to turn off the S mode in the Microsoft Store, it reports that I can't turn it off in this version of the Microsoft...
  4. `Flight Mode will not turn off`

`Flight Mode will not turn off`: Has a solution to the "Flight Mode will not turn off" problem or do I scrap my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-will-not-turn-off/ca58e285-3b8f-40cd-bfb0-0c25e2b58145
  5. YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off: YouTube restricts content, I did not set this and unable to change despite exhaustive search for help sites and efforts to. So far unable to locate any suggestions that work....
  6. flight mode won't turn off

flight mode won't turn off: I accidentally hit the airplane icon and now flight mode will not shut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-wont-turn-off/c5ec7086-a490-4df3-adbd-0af30daffa31
  7. Flight mode symbols does not disappear even when flight mode is off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight mode symbols does not disappear even when flight mode is off.: This is how it looks like.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-symbols-does-not-disappear-even-when/721a54f7-20cf-4184-9d2f-901cd99f8c0c
  8. Unable to turn off airplane mode.

Unable to turn off airplane mode.: My laptop lenovo ideapad 310, I'm unable to turn off the airplane mode. It's all grayed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-airplane-mode/3b02be8e-4de7-44fd-8354-ceb8e0b9eae8
  9. Unable to turn airplane mode off

Unable to turn airplane mode off: Our HP Laptop model#C2N76UA#ABA. Did a windows 10 update and now the wireless does not work. I am able to plug in an Ethernet cable and can surf the web, but no wireless. It seems as if it is in air plane mode all the time. If I place the pointer over the network icon in the...
  10. How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC

How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC: Hi. How do you turn of "flight mode" in win 10 pro? I have a PC/desktop. 71182

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nokia booklet stuck at flight mode

2. flight mode unable to turn off

3. unable to turn off flloe