Windows 10: Flight Simulator 2004 - Black Screen on Load

Discus and support Flight Simulator 2004 - Black Screen on Load in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I load the simulator, I get the splash screen, but it just goes to a black screen, no error messages, etc. just a black screen, if I hit ESC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris2005, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Flight Simulator 2004 - Black Screen on Load

Whenever I load the simulator, I get the splash screen, but it just goes to a black screen, no error messages, etc. just a black screen, if I hit ESC and hit Y, the simulator exits without a problem, I just can't see it.

Update:
    Changed config from FULL_SCREEN=1 to FULL_SCREEN=0 and it works now, but it's not fullscreen anymore. *Sad

:)

Chris2005, Nov 12, 2015

2. fs9 won't run in windows10

fs9 is Microsoft flight simulator 2004

JERI n CHRISJASTER n VIDELER, Nov 12, 2015
  3. MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 PROGRAM NOT COMAPTABLE with my Windows 10

Hi

You can also read the following thread where a couple of users were able to get it working.

flight simulator 2004 wont run in windows 10:

flight simulator 2004 wont run in windows 10

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Nov 12, 2015
  4. BlueBaron Win User

Thanks for this fix as I also needed it but, any other workaround for a full screen too?

BlueBaron, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Chris2005 Win User
    Afraid not. It's a shame though. Worked fine in Windows 7. Even using compatibility modes for it, it doesn't work properly at full screen.

Chris2005, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator 2004 - Black Screen on Load - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator 2004

2. Flight Simulator crashes on loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator crashes on loading: Hi, up until the other day MSFS was working just fine. Now it crashes out on the loading screen. I've even clicked "start in safe mode" and it still crashes. One solution said to install English US pack but it's already installed. Another talked about some Razer software...
  3. Flight Simulator crashes on loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator crashes on loading: Hi, up until the other day MSFS was working just fine. Now it crashes out on the loading screen. I've even clicked "start in safe mode" and it still crashes. One solution said to install English US pack but it's already installed. Another talked about some Razer software...
  4. Flight Simulator No Longer Loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator No Longer Loads: Hi, I've had Flight Sim running perfectly since the day it came out, however, after the last windows update assume that is the culprit, the game starts to load and then crashes to the desktop. Does anyone know how to fix this without having to resort to...
  5. Flight Simulator Fails to Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Fails to Load: I've scanned and read similar issues, but can't find anything that solves my problem. When I start the app, I get the Xbox splash, the ASOBO splash, Checking for updates. Then the screen goes to black with a progress bar crawling at the bottom. It crawls for 15 to 20...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Loading issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Loading issue: helllo, I have a digital copy of microsoft flight simulator 2020. IT has been working fine. Howerver now when I try to load the game it asks for a Microsoft flight simulator 2020 disc. It will not let me proceed any further. I don't even have a disc drive on my computer....
  7. flight simulator 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flight simulator 2004: I just recently upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 vista. my flight simulator 2004 will load but will not play, How can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2004/31e9b645-4205-4f1e-8585-92df54417c1e
  8. Flight Simulator X - Loading Screen Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight Simulator X - Loading Screen Crash: Just bought it off from steam, doesn't even show the plane selection screen. This is the error dump from the mdmp file 0:000> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* *...
  9. Flight Simulator 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2004: flight Simulator 2004 will it run in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2004/59157b9a-e7df-47ba-baec-5745fef27362
  10. microsoft flight simulator 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight simulator 2004: i had this installed on my laptop with windows 7, i had trouble my laptop hard drive went so i had to send it away for repair and lost all my data, i lost my discs so i bought the game again, its installed but now just nothing loads, when i click it it says do you want this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flight simulator 2004 windows compatibility

2. flight simulator 2004 windows 10

3. flight simulator program down loaded on computor