Windows 10: FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

Discus and support FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris H 1173, Aug 18, 2018.

1. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9).

Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself:

• Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture.
    • Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart Gesture/ AdTPCenter/x64/AsusTPLauncher.exe" and conducted compatibility troubleshooting. Used recommended setting, tested, and saved.
    • Check for updates to the driver via device manager.

So far, none of the above troubleshooting has yielded the results I am looking for. I am not looking to permanently disable the touchpad, or disable it when a mouse is connected. I would like to restore the function combination so that I can temporarily disable the touchpad when I am typing.

System Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-TTLSCB3
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model E205SA
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
    Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz, 1601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E205SA.303, 2017-06-14
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.15063.909"
    User Name DESKTOP-TTLSCB3\fbpla
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.91 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.39 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.59 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.04 GB
    Page File Space 704 MB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

Chris H 1173, Aug 18, 2018

2. ASUS Fn + F9 not working

I have a ASUS U46E laptop (64-bit OS, x64-based processor)- after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro the Fn + F9 hotkey to disable the touchpad no longer works. **To be clear, the touchpad itself does work, it just can't be disabled. All other Fn hotkeys work
    normally.

Please advise on to fix this- thanks

DanielTweedall, Aug 18, 2018
  3. SNB_628 Win User
    ASUS Fn + F9 not working

I have an ASUS G74SX and the same thing happened, FN+F9 does not work anymore after loading windows 10... in the settings menu as described by the reply, the disable touchpad box is greyed out. I can not turn off the touchpad.

SNB_628, Aug 18, 2018
  4. S Magrone Win User

FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

Disabling Touchpad in W-10

Just upgraded to Microsoft 10 and now my once disabled touchpad is enabled again and can't figure out how to disabled it. Any suggestions?

Found answer. On ASUS, knew that toggling FN F9 disables/enables TouchPad use, but was not working after upgrading to MS 10. Upgraded TouchPad driver and FN F9 now working again.

S Magrone, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

1. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad - Similar Threads - FN+F9 does disable

2. fn+F7 and F9 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  3. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works: I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works. It just can't be disabled or enabled. All other Fn-hotkeys work normally. I can Enable or Disable Touchpad...
  4. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.: I have an Asus Vivobook Flip 14 and the touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. Tried restarting and updating pc but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  5. Restore Fn+F9 functionality

Restore Fn+F9 functionality: Lately I've been having issues while typing, where the palm of my hand is doing things with the mousepad. It used to be that I coudl hit Fn+F9 and it would disable the mousepad, but that no longer works. How can I get it to work again? I want to be able to toggle the mouspad...
  6. FN + F9 does not make volume go down

FN + F9 does not make volume go down: All of my other FN keys work, except for the F9 key, which should cause the volume of my PC to go down, but doesn't. I can raise the volume with the F10 key, but I cannot lower it with the F9 key. I've been trying to find a fix, but nothing will help. What should I do?...
  7. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  9. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  10. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?: How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FN f9 does nothing

2. fn f9 not enabling touchpad

3. fn f9 asus touchpad dont work

4. asus disable track pad via f9,
  5. function f9 not working asus,
  6. asus touchpad cannot fn f9,
  7. f9 disable touchpad not working,
  8. function f9 on asus laptop,
  9. fn f9 does not disable touchpad,
  10. fn 9 doesnt disable touchpad,
  11. asus fn f9 not working in windows 10,