Windows 10: FN key only lighting up, rest of Type Cover not working.

Discus and support FN key only lighting up, rest of Type Cover not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. After doing some browsing on the internet, my keyboard for my Surface Pro ultimately stopped working. It doesn't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Demiurge., Jul 23, 2018.

1. Demiurge. Win User

FN key only lighting up, rest of Type Cover not working.

Hi everyone.

After doing some browsing on the internet, my keyboard for my Surface Pro ultimately stopped working. It doesn't have a Bluetooth connection; however, it never really has. I've done everything so far to try to fix it. So far nothing has worked, which is why l come here. Is there any fix possible for this? I'm starting class again soon and really need my computer for it.

:)

Demiurge., Jul 23, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile FN key only lighting up, rest of Type Cover not working. :)

P4-630, Oct 15, 2018
  3. 5DVX0130 Win User
    FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Oct 15, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

FN key always on

Yeh, some manufactors ain't the smartest labeling the FN key features in the bios.

For my Lenovo Thinkpad E540 i can hit FN+ESC and i can have my F-keys back with a small light in FN to show that it's FNLK.

puma99dk|, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. FN key only lighting up, rest of Type Cover not working. - Similar Threads - key lighting rest

2. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  3. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  4. Fn Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn Key not working: When I try Fn key + F3 Or any other key it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-key-not-working/d6e865b1-781d-4b82-944e-7e418c79ba2a
  5. Fn key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  6. Type cover not working properly

Type cover not working properly: hello, The type cover for surface pro 4 doesn't work. However it works in UEFI mode. Every time when I touch the keyboard the screen goes in blue and says hardware check failure something like that. Thank you...
  7. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FN lock ONLY 1 FN key: My F1-F12 keys also serve as system shortcuts (e.g. volume up/down) but I also use F4 a lot with Excel. I'd like to default to the system controls but not have to hit FN + F4 to use that functionality. Is there any way FN lock F4 only? Maybe the registry or some kind of...
  8. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  10. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...