Windows 10: Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working

Discus and support Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop notifications have not been showing up whenever a new email or app notification makes a sound. Checking Action Center shows nothing. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nim.121, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nim.121 Win User

Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working

My desktop notifications have not been showing up whenever a new email or app notification makes a sound. Checking Action Center shows nothing. I think it might have something to do with focus assist.

If I click the Focus Assist icon in the action center, the icon does not turn blue nor show that it is enabled. However, I feel like it enables itself without any way for me to turn it back off. If I try to open the Focus Assist settings, it crashes the settings and force-closes. Opening the settings without going into the focus assist section works fine.

Restarting my laptop fixes the issue temporarily, where I can open the focus assist settings again for a short time. But eventually, I can't open it back up. I disabled focus assist on the settings whenever I did get to open it, though that didn't help at all.

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Nim.121, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Sep 4, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows focus assist

Focus Assist is nicely explained in this Windows Blog item from Elana Pidgeon "Windows 10 Tip: How to enable Focus Assist in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update" (May 2018):

"Focus Assist helps you get more done by easily blocking notifications, sounds, and alerts to create distraction-free work times. This is helpful if you’re giving a presentation or trying to focus on a paper, you can use Focus Assist to block interruptions or distractions."
    Check out the preceding link for more information on the tool, along with instructions for enabling/disabling this setting.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working - Similar Threads - Focus Assist Working

2. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist: Should I have Focus Assist on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/dd06efc4-d2a9-4419-beb1-6dc8add48915
  3. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: Every once in awhile my focus assist stops working. I have checked everything I can, I have shut down and restarted, and still nothing. Is the whole program not working, or is it just for me?Thank you for providing me with any assistance you can give me....
  4. Focus Assist

Focus Assist: My focus assist only works for some notifications. I have checked the settings and every e-mail that I have assigned to be notified about is listed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix it, or if the issue is with Microsoft itself. Thank you, MJ...
  5. focus assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist: How do I totally disable Focus Assist?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/bbb0578a-592e-4c74-946d-a43086ec78a3
  6. Focus assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus assist: I want focus assist removed from my computer. Period. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist/ce21b639-2f25-4bbd-9f07-93deeebd3952
  7. Focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist: I mostly play PC games on virtual machines and i don't want any notification sounds while i'm using a VM. Can i set up Focus Assist on specific programs or should i need to keep it on at all times? 140978
  8. Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist on Windows 10 Not Working: My desktop notifications have not been showing up whenever a new email or app notification makes a sound. Checking Action Center shows nothing. I think it might have something to do with focus assist. If I click the Focus Assist icon in the action center, the icon does not...
  9. Focus Assist isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist isn't working: Hi, A few months ago, I think after the April update, I discovered and started using Focus Assist as I think it is an extremely helpful tool to concentrate and focus on whatever you wanna be working on. However, I soon realised that the programme doesn't work propperly....
  10. Windows focus assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows focus assist: What does windows focus assist do? Sometimes it make my windows stuck for couple seconds when alt tab while playing a game. 115533

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focus assist windows 10 not working

2. focus assist not working

3. focus assist windows 10 does not work

4. windows focus assist not working,
  5. focus assist not working on windows 10,
  6. focus assist stops working,
  7. focus assist is not working,
  8. what is focus assist on my laptop,
  9. focus assist has disappeared,
  10. why is focus assist not working,
  11. focus assist not working game,