Windows 10: Focus follows mouse

Discus and support Focus follows mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like many old-timers, I find having focus follows mouse (x-mouse) a much more productive way to work than having to click in a window to give it focus.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gulliversmith, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Focus follows mouse

Like many old-timers, I find having focus follows mouse (x-mouse) a much more productive way to work than having to click in a window to give it focus. A huge advantage is to have information in a foreground window and be able to move the mouse into a partially obscured window and type using the foreground window as a reference.

However, more and more applications and operating systems, Windows being a big culprit, make windows disappear when the mouse leaves them. This is horrible. I can't click on something in the task bar and move the mouse to click in the menu because the menu disappears. I can't open an about window, then move to another window and type say the version number, because the about window has disappeared.

This is a plea to Microsoft - please make everything usable for the sizeable minority who prefers x-mouse!

Transparent titlebars are a problem too, since the only way of raising a window is to click in the title bar (or border), (except for the other class of horrible applications that auto-raise when the but first you need to find it.

:)

gulliversmith, Mar 4, 2016
  2. qophyn Win User

Can't turn off window tracking

Anniversary update broke this hack, delay no longer works and it is really frustrating to use my computer now.

MS-Windows focus-follows-mouse Registry hacks

I've reverted most of the settings(not the hexidecimal one, I don't remember the original value), turned it off in accessibility, and focus still follows my mouse.

qophyn, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Focus follows mouse

1. Focus follows mouse - Similar Threads - Focus follows mouse

2. WILL NOT FOCUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL NOT FOCUS: HOW DO YOU FOCUS PICTURES NOT CLEAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-focus/095e7820-8bd6-4647-9ff6-3640bda989a3
  3. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c
  4. FOCUS ASSIST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FOCUS ASSIST: How do I PERMANENTLY remove and disable this crippleware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/focus-assist/757c9cc1-25f0-47c7-a715-241998b45a8c
  5. Focus Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Switch: When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??...
  6. Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable access booted machine following restore - no mouse no keyboard: Following a very recent restore I am unable to access the machine due to mouse and keyboard not responding. I am able to ssh into the running windows 10, so , it is apparently not frozen or the like. I have cygwin and cygwin sshd (server and client) installed and...
  7. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot: Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu. [img] 14741
  8. Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update: Dear all, I have this issue that has been driving me nuts ever since I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro x64 to v1607 (from 1507) recently. It's a desktop PC with a trusty old Logitech MX518 plugged into a back panel USB 2.0 slot. Same symptom with or without Logitech Gaming...
  9. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.: I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it...
  10. Turning off "window focus follows mouse"

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off "window focus follows mouse": I was running Win 7 before the upgrade and I had the window focus setting to follow my mouse. In other words, I just needed to place my mouse in a window for it to be focused... no clicking necessary. There was a small delay in the focus and this worked well for me. I find in...