Windows 10: focusrite drive error

Discus and support focusrite drive error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; drive error on windows 10 This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Drive Not Ready} The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wonderihieri, Aug 14, 2018.

1. focusrite drive error

drive error on windows 10 This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Drive Not Ready}
    The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive %hs and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed.
    how do i solve it?

:)

wonderihieri, Aug 14, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Focusrite Solo as USB microphone

Hello,

So I use a Focusrite Solo and condenser microphone for my PC mic. I cannot get windows to see it as a microphone however for the purpose of voice control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,

HarveySchinkal, Sep 25, 2018
  4. focusrite drive error

focusrite drive error

drive error on windows 10 This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Drive Not Ready}

The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive %hs and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed.

how do i solve it?

wonderihieri, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

focusrite drive error

1. focusrite drive error - Similar Threads - focusrite drive error

2. I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and I get an error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and I get an error code...: I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and my computer restarted and went to the blue scrren and said that I get an error code which was: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and what it says that failed was: mfehidk.sys...
  3. I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and I get an error code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and I get an error code...: I was trying to install the driver of Focusrite in my Windows 11 and my computer restarted and went to the blue scrren and said that I get an error code which was: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and what it says that failed was: mfehidk.sys...
  4. Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2: Every sound/audio file that is stored locally including windows sounds like usb inserted sound, notification sound, etc. is very distorted. If I turn the volume down, it is still distorted, just at a quieter volume. Although this is happening through my Focusrite Scarlett...
  5. Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2: Every sound/audio file that is stored locally including windows sounds like usb inserted sound, notification sound, etc. is very distorted. If I turn the volume down, it is still distorted, just at a quieter volume. Although this is happening through my Focusrite Scarlett...
  6. scarlett 212 focusrite sound card issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scarlett 212 focusrite sound card issue: hello. I have a problem with this soundcards I use for music production: I can' get to have the recording meter bar working in the audio panel, in the recording are, where it is flagged as connected and as preferred device, with the green mark on it. Please help!!!! my music...
  7. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback: I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that i8042prt.sys was also...
  8. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB "No socket information available"?

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB "No socket information available"?: Please look at the pictures! Thanks ;) Hello, Since I downloaded a driver update (Focusrite_USB_4.63.24.564) from the official Focusrite (Downloads | Customer Portal), Windows 10 shows me "No socket information available". My boxes (KRK Rokit 5, but still works, do I...
  9. Rode PodMic and Focusrite Scarlett Solo Constant static noise!

Rode PodMic and Focusrite Scarlett Solo Constant static noise!: So I got my Rode PodMic when it was released probably less than a year ago and along with that, I bought the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. This happened today, I was playing online with my friends and I had to go eat breakfast and when I came back everything was fine right, but...
  10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 disappeared from list of available devices

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 disappeared from list of available devices: Yesterday,suspecting that it might have something to do with my frequent system crashes, I updated my driver for Scarlett 2i2 to the latest version, rebooted, and then found that, although the driver appears in Device Manager, it no longer appears in the menu of available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scarlett drive not ready

2. scarlett 2i2 this device cannot start drive not ready