Windows 10: folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

Discus and support folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JerometheGiraff, Jul 12, 2016.

1. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder, the folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only toggled on within a Standard Account even though I'm prompt for the Admin password, it doesn't enable to write to the folder within Program Files or Program Files (x86) ?

:)

JerometheGiraff, Jul 12, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Read only option reverts back to folder

Regarding your 2nd problem, see
    Remove SysMenu.dll RunDLL error from Windows Start-up

Note: Step 5 (HitmanPro) might not be necessary.

Can't help with your 1st problem, though...

Jsssssssss, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

1. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only - Similar Threads - folder attribute always

2. Changing read-only folder attributes troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing read-only folder attributes troubleshooting: Hello.I recently did a clean uninstall of my Windows 10 64 bit OS and thought I had backed all of my programs and data to DVD-RW. After doing so, I realized I had not. I have used my all in one Canon printer to scan printed documents and had hoped to convert them using online...
  3. Read-only reverts back problem

Read-only reverts back problem: Read-only reverts back problem what, I have right now currently. I've tried to seek help but all the solutions for this problem did not work unfortunately. I had a problem called Attribute changer but, I've ran the program before the problem, so that shouldn't be the seed of...
  4. Folder attributes revert to read-only after I uncheck that attribute.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder attributes revert to read-only after I uncheck that attribute.: So recently I started to receive this error from a library that I use for testing our application. It says I do not have the correct permissions to create or copy files in the specified directory, which is ofcourse clarified when I right click that folder it shows...
  5. Folder attributes keep reverting to read only

Folder attributes keep reverting to read only: The title says it all - I installed an old game, and when I tried to save a game, I found that I couldn't. I checked the folder settings, and they said read only. I tried to uncheck it, but it keeps reverting. The option to only make the change to the folder itself is...
  6. Folder reverts back to read-only

Folder reverts back to read-only: I've tried many methods to try and set my folder to not "read-only". I've attempted to manually change the attribute by running the command prompt as administrator with the command: "attrib -R C:\ATLauncher". I'm not sure if I have written this command correctly, but it did...
  7. Folders corrupted/unreadable & permissions reverting back to read-only on folders (but not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders corrupted/unreadable & permissions reverting back to read-only on folders (but not...: Hi, so I've got this pesky issue. I use a Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME SSD in an external enclosure on my main workstation and have it network shared to access the files on my laptop when needed. 2 days ago I had to visit a client for a business meeting and all my web projects...
  8. Program Data Folder always revert to Read Only

Program Data Folder always revert to Read Only: So I am trying to install auto desk inverter and for a long time it was given me a 1909 installation code. Apparently the fix for that was just making the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk not be READ ONLY. So went to the folder right clicked>Properties> and unclicked the read...
  9. "read only" keeps reverting back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "read only" keeps reverting back: Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant authorisations but everything I tried failed It's not like I never had that problem, in windows vista, win 7, win 8, win 10, and...
  10. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...