Windows 10: Folder disappeared - How to recover

Discus and support Folder disappeared - How to recover in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have 4 partitions in my 2 TB HDD, and in one partition i have some files and folder named movies. Two days ago the movies folder disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by viswam, Dec 25, 2017.

1. viswam Win User

Folder disappeared - How to recover

Hi,

I have 4 partitions in my 2 TB HDD, and in one partition i have some files and folder named movies.
    Two days ago the movies folder disappeared which is about 540 GB. In the properties still it shows as space used but there are only files for 28 gb. Is there any way i can recover this folder.

Folder disappeared  - How to recover [​IMG]

This problem has happened after i installing CCleaner trial version. Donot know whether this is the reason.
    Thanks

:)

viswam, Dec 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 update

I ran the Windows 10 update as prompted and all my favorites disappeared. How do recover my extensive list of favorites folders?

Big Bop 48, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Updated win10 and lost all emails in mail and all my folders

I updated win10 and all my work emails and folders, plus sub folders have disappeared. Im very annoyed as I have lost all contacts for world wide work. How to I recover all.. My emails are my personal emails for my business that I had in mail and all folders
    and sub folders emails and details I need. How do I repair and recover the lot?

ChristineBogers1, Dec 25, 2017
  4. werby Win User

werby, Dec 25, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I'd run chkdsk j: /f against the drive, see if there is file system corruption and if it can be repaired.

Ztruker, Dec 26, 2017
  6. hiphopper Win User
    Also it could simply be that you accidentally moved the folder somewhere. I've done that before by accident when clicking on a file or folder and then accidentally dragging it over another folder. Check all of the folders on that partition.

hiphopper, Dec 26, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    In File Explorer go to the toolbar/View and put a check in the box Hidden Items. So you can view hidden files.
    Open the J: drive, if you do not see the folder, go up to the upper right corner and in the search box type the name of the folder. This should only search the J: drive. If it was accidentally moved,the search would find it. I also found that one of my big files was accidentally Renamed. If one of the files in this folder shows up in the Quick Access area of File Explorer, you can right click the file and show Properties to see the path of where and which folder this file resides in now.

spunk, Dec 27, 2017
  8. Megan444 Win User

Once I used to recover data from corrupt hard drive​ using this software Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. Recover HDD Data . Stupidly, I hadn't backed up photos and some important docs. I'd retained the faulty hard drive in the hope that a data recovery service could retrieve some of all of my files.​ And I was really lucky to get all my files back.

Megan444, Jan 21, 2018
  9. If this file was stored at Windows install partition and if the system restore feature of Windows 10 is enabled you can use ShadowExplorer program to restore lost or damaged files from Shadow Copies of your files.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder disappeared - How to recover - Similar Threads - Folder disappeared recover

2. how to recover missing file folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover missing file folder?: My file folder holding my work disappeared. It isn't in trash, it isn't misplaced My computer didn't shut down or crash either. I have looked at hidden panel, checked recycling, checked all my other folder files to see if it got put in them. Is there anything i can do to fix...
  3. how to recover lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  4. how to recover lost files and folders

how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  5. Recovering Folders

Recovering Folders: Earlier today I accidentally completely deleted 3 important folders. I emptied my recycling bin before realizing what I did. I tried to restore my PC to a previous time, but that only restored programs rather than programs and files. I also checked my file history using file...
  6. Recovering Folders

Recovering Folders: Earlier today I accidentally completely deleted 3 important folders. I emptied my recycling bin before realizing what I did. I tried to restore my PC to a previous time, but that only restored programs rather than programs and files. I also checked my file history using file...
  7. How to recover a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a folder: Hi, After several decades of using computers, it finally happened to me. I have deleted a folder inadvertently on my Windows 10 X64. Unfortunately, my backup data is a few days old and I had updates around 20 files in that folder. The folder contains over 1400 files and I...
  8. How to recover deleted documents folder?

How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  9. How to recover important folders?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to recover important folders?: Hello every one, i need some help regarding the issue i am facing from last night. I was working in a folder, from some days and used to save dox, pdf, jpg, png files in that. The next morning i sat on my computer and suddenly i saw the folder doesn't exist on the desktop....
  10. How to recover a deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted folder?: How do I recover a deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-a-deleted-folder/e23e177c-a6d2-47f3-8baa-3a0decbc8bba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 folder disappeared how to recover

2. user folder in hdd disappeared