Windows 10: Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search

Discus and support Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time poster here and not very computer savvy so please be nice. We have a folder in our downloads where my husband puts all of his shows he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amber1403, May 7, 2016.

1. Amber1403 Win User

Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search

First time poster here and not very computer savvy so please be nice.
    We have a folder in our downloads where my husband puts all of his shows he downloads. Last night this folder just disspapeard. Initially when I searched for it. It showed up but wouldn't let me open anything. Said shortcut was gone. Now when I search the folder is no where. I searched for an individual show that was contained in this folder and it comes up but says it's location is app data. When I click on it, it says shortcut gone. I'm so confused and can't work out why or how's the folder and contents have gone. Please help me try and find them.
    Thankyou

:)

Amber1403, May 7, 2016

2. whatsapp folder not showing in album and whatsapp containts in camera roll is also not showing

hi,

Chanh S,

thnks for your rply , i m using lumia 525 with os 8.10.14203.306 firmwar revision number: 3058.50000.1425.0003

hardwar revision number:1.4.0.0, radio software number:2.0.242037.8 chip SOC version:8227

screen resolution 480x800, MAC address Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search :DC-C7-93-7B-FC-10, I again formated sd card on phone & created whatsapp folder (on computer with usb support over phone ), but same problem is there

vivekagarwalTP, May 7, 2016
  3. Chanh S. Win User
    whatsapp folder not showing in album and whatsapp containts in camera roll is also not showing

Hi vivekagarwalTP,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. In regards to your issues with Whatsapp and pictures, there are a few things I'd like to go over with you and see where to go from there.

First, what is the make and model of your phone? Also, what is the complete OS version number? You can find this by going to Settings>About>More Info.

When issues like this arise with third-party apps, your best bet in getting this looked at would be to reach out to the app developer. From what you've already tried, it sounds like you'll need to recreate the original folder that Whatsapp used previously.
    You should be able to do this by connecting your SD card to a card reader connected to your PC. Before trying to recreate the folder, try formatting the SD card again through the phone by going to Storage Sense>SD card, and format directly through the phone.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

Chanh S., May 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, if it's not in your recycle bin (have you looked?) then it may still be on your drive. But if so, the probability of recovering it depends on whether it's been overwritten by general activity on your drive or other things you've written to the drive.

As to why it's disappeared, I couldn't say.

Try downloading Recuva (free). (N.B. download it to a flash drive or different disk/partition to the one where your folder is). Read the program's instructions and run a scan to see if it finds your file.

Note: if htis is just sthg you downloaded, it's no great loss- just download it again. Good luck.

dalchina, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search - Similar Threads - Folder disspapaerd showing

2. Documents folder not showing up unless I search for it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not showing up unless I search for it.: I have been messing with my files recently to try to move some of them Downloads and Documents to my external drive and when I attempted to do that, I moved the files from documents into my external drive and deleted the one on my PC's drive. I then attempted to add mods to a...
  3. Documents folder not showing up unless I search for it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not showing up unless I search for it.: I have been messing with my files recently to try to move some of them Downloads and Documents to my external drive and when I attempted to do that, I moved the files from documents into my external drive and deleted the one on my PC's drive. I then attempted to add mods to a...
  4. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

in Cortana
    WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the "Search" function doesn't detect the relevant file which exists in the "WindowsApps" folder, according to Search Everywhere....
  5. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the "Search" function doesn't detect the relevant file which exists in the "WindowsApps" folder, according to Search Everywhere....
  6. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. explorer search doesnt show folders anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer search doesnt show folders anymore: is there a way to make them appear again? right after i postponed a update folders no longer show up in searches. submitted by /u/Riime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcnpei/explorer_search_doesnt_show_folders_anymore/
  8. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....
  9. Searching folders

Searching folders: When I search a folder for a word or number, I get one or more files. When I search for exactly the same word or number in the file, I sometimes get a NOT FOUND result. How is that? Am I doping something wrong?...
  10. Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences

Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences: Hello, in my Windows 10 Pro searching files in folders don't show all occurrences as show in picture [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-files-in-folders-dont-show-all/659d36f8-1835-4101-9166-dd8e15364fb2"