Windows 10: Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search

Discus and support Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time poster here and not very computer savvy so please be nice. We have a folder in our downloads where my husband puts all of his shows he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amber1403, May 7, 2016.

1. Amber1403 Win User

Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search

First time poster here and not very computer savvy so please be nice.
    We have a folder in our downloads where my husband puts all of his shows he downloads. Last night this folder just disspapeard. Initially when I searched for it. It showed up but wouldn't let me open anything. Said shortcut was gone. Now when I search the folder is no where. I searched for an individual show that was contained in this folder and it comes up but says it's location is app data. When I click on it, it says shortcut gone. I'm so confused and can't work out why or how's the folder and contents have gone. Please help me try and find them.
    Thankyou

:)

Amber1403, May 7, 2016

2. whatsapp folder not showing in album and whatsapp containts in camera roll is also not showing

hi,

Chanh S,

thnks for your rply , i m using lumia 525 with os 8.10.14203.306 firmwar revision number: 3058.50000.1425.0003

hardwar revision number:1.4.0.0, radio software number:2.0.242037.8 chip SOC version:8227

screen resolution 480x800, MAC address Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search :DC-C7-93-7B-FC-10, I again formated sd card on phone & created whatsapp folder (on computer with usb support over phone ), but same problem is there

vivekagarwalTP, May 7, 2016
  3. Chanh S. Win User
    whatsapp folder not showing in album and whatsapp containts in camera roll is also not showing

Hi vivekagarwalTP,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. In regards to your issues with Whatsapp and pictures, there are a few things I'd like to go over with you and see where to go from there.

First, what is the make and model of your phone? Also, what is the complete OS version number? You can find this by going to Settings>About>More Info.

When issues like this arise with third-party apps, your best bet in getting this looked at would be to reach out to the app developer. From what you've already tried, it sounds like you'll need to recreate the original folder that Whatsapp used previously.
    You should be able to do this by connecting your SD card to a card reader connected to your PC. Before trying to recreate the folder, try formatting the SD card again through the phone by going to Storage Sense>SD card, and format directly through the phone.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

Chanh S., May 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, if it's not in your recycle bin (have you looked?) then it may still be on your drive. But if so, the probability of recovering it depends on whether it's been overwritten by general activity on your drive or other things you've written to the drive.

As to why it's disappeared, I couldn't say.

Try downloading Recuva (free). (N.B. download it to a flash drive or different disk/partition to the one where your folder is). Read the program's instructions and run a scan to see if it finds your file.

Note: if htis is just sthg you downloaded, it's no great loss- just download it again. Good luck.

dalchina, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Folder disspapaerd and not showing in search - Similar Threads - Folder disspapaerd showing

2. Searching folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders: When I search a folder for a word or number, I get one or more files. When I search for exactly the same word or number in the file, I sometimes get a NOT FOUND result. How is that? Am I doping something wrong?...
  3. problem with search folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with search folder: I have a problem with my workstation because the search stopped finding files. For example I want to find a photo .jpg but when I search for photo or photo.* or even photo.jpg I get nothing. This problem showed up after the last update. I checked the search folder:...
  4. Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences: Hello, in my Windows 10 Pro searching files in folders don't show all occurrences as show in picture [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-files-in-folders-dont-show-all/659d36f8-1835-4101-9166-dd8e15364fb2"
  5. Searching for files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for files and folders: I seem to remember that in Windows 8 and 8.1, if I searched for a file but didn't remember the exact name of the file, I could type part of the name and the file would be found. But in Windows 10, if I don't type the whole name, and spell it correctly, it just doesn't find...
  6. Search does not show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not show up: When I right click on the lower left window ans click o 'Search' nothing happens. It worked within the past 2 weeks. Cortana is off) 69452
  7. Searches Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searches Folder: Under pc>user there is a folder called "searches." There are two sub folders under searchers called 'everywhere' an 'indexed locations.' There is over 128,000 items in everywhere. Is it safe to delete either of this sub folders contents? 90039
  8. Search Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Files and Folders: In previous versions of Windows, one could press the start button and at the bottom of the column there was a blank space where you could enter a filename and locate it on the hard drive. I can't find this tool on Windows 10. Is it there? Peter 69103
  9. searching for files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    searching for files and folders: I seem to remember that in Windows 8 and 8.1, if I searched for a file but didn't remember the exact name of the file, I could type part of the name and the file would be found. But in Windows 10, if I don't type the whole name, and spell it correctly, it just doesn't find...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886