Windows 10: Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

Discus and support Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started right after the last update- I have a folder with pics in it, then the folder has created a line in the folder separating my pics, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Crochet02, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Crochet02 Win User

Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

This started right after the last update-

I have a folder with pics in it, then the folder has created a line in the folder separating my pics, I cant delete this weird line, if I try to upload a pic that is below this line it will not upload cause pic is not there even thou I can see it. This line is appearing in the folders on the c drive, everywhere on the pc, I hope there is a way to fix this, its driving me nuts.
    I have a pic of it-

Folder  does not appear to look right, how to change it? [​IMG]

:)

Crochet02, Jan 29, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Badge icon not seen when the file is browsed at Application File-open window

Hi,

The icon on the folder is an indication of sync for the specific program you are opening the files from. This is for Adobe Creative Cloud program right? The badge icon only appears for the folder. Does the badge icon appears before?

We'll look forward to your reply.

Josef Bri, Jan 29, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You are sorting by date for types or group. Right click in that window and change the settings.

bro67, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Crochet02 Win User
    I don't have it set to date, all my folders are set to name and ascending order, I am log on as admin. crochet

Crochet02, Jan 29, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    Any possibility that the picture files got corrupted or deleted?

Winuser, Jan 29, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Did you right click in the window to see what the settings are? It is showing sort by date, because that is from the way that folder was set.

bro67, Jan 30, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

@Crochet02 This is controlled by a setting on File Explorer's 'View' tab. It's called 'Group by' and you seem to have it currently set to 'Date'. To get a normal view, set 'group by' to: (None).

9. Winuser Win User
    How would that stop the pictures from opening?

Winuser, Jan 30, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    It may not, then again resetting the view may make the files reappear.

At least it provides the answer to this line in the OP

11. Crochet02 Win User
    I use my paint shop pro program to open or view my pictures.

In the windows pane, its set o name and ascending, I still cant not delete the line that is inside each folder, I did not create, crochet

Crochet02, Jan 30, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    @Crochet02, have you tried changing the 'Group by' setting in File Explorer's View as I described?

13. Crochet02 Win User

In the group setting in the view pane is set at name and ascending order witch I prefer, I have tried another setting and line is still there, crochet

Crochet02, Jan 30, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    There are two places in the View pane where you can set by 'Name, ascending order' and these can be set independently of each other. One is 'Sort by', the other is 'Group by'. It is the 'Group by' setting that puts that line there. Only when 'Group by' is set to (none) is there no line shown. If you truly have 'Group by' set for 'Name, ascending' it should look like this.

15. I see that your problem is actually the whole icon/thumbnail missing from the view, but the actual file is there.

Here is how to solve that:

1. Open File Explorer using shortcut key WIN+E

2. Find your C-drive (see image below)

3. Right click on the C-drive icon and select Properties

4. In the General tab click Disk Cleanup

5. Wait until there pops up a new window

6. In the list of possible boxes to tick, make sure Thumbnails is ticked and make sure all other check boxes are unticked

7. Press Delete files

8. Wait

9. Now using Explorer, navigate to the folder where the thumbnails were missing.

Report back here once you have tried that. There can be more things we need to solve if this did not help.

slicendice, Jan 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it? - Similar Threads - Folder does appear

2. Storage space, does this look right to you?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage space, does this look right to you?: So according to Windows, there's 225GB of my SSD consumed by apps. This is fairly recent, a couple of days ago I noticed the drive had filled up. It used to be much emptier, but I can't remember exactly how empty or when, because the drive was so empty I never paid any...
  3. Does this look right to you?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does this look right to you?: I am about to replace a sata Win 10 hard drive (1Tb) with a 250Gb ssd The existing drive is a gpt setup even though its only 1tb. As I will be cloning the existing drive, this will mean that the ssd will be GPT. Is this best left the same or should I convert it later to NBR?...
  4. Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?: I noticed that the folders are yellow and the folder icons appear as partially opened folders at an angle, whereas in Mac the folders are light blue flat folders not at an angle. Is there a way to make the Windows folders look like Mac folders? Also is there a way to add...
  5. Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear: I'm on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 - 64 - Is there any way to change the look of folders such that they will show a "picture" of something included in the folder? e.g. if you have a folder of birthday pictures, instead of seeing just a yellow folder icon, can you have...
  6. Does my GPT sector 0 look right?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does my GPT sector 0 look right?: I've included a screenshot taken in a disk editing program of my GPT system drive C. It is just the data partition not the EFI partition. Notice that it makes reference to MIBRL. My other non-bootable GPT drives have the normal NTLDR in sector 0. I'm curious as to those folks...
  7. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  8. Change Folders appearance

Change Folders appearance: What is the best way to change folder appearance, I want a new look in my files and folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-folders-appearance/162e1fd9-d667-4164-8ad6-7fd2efa1a2da"
  9. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  10. W10 changes user rights on folders

W10 changes user rights on folders: I am running a multiboot W7-pro and W10-pro with several harddisks build in the computer to discover that after W10 used a disk W7 wants to check it to find no errors. Beside that I am not allowed to delete some folders I created in W7 after using them in W10 and they are set...