Windows 10: Folder/Drive sharing fubarred after 1803 upgrade...

Discus and support Folder/Drive sharing fubarred after 1803 upgrade... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I've had many problems with sharing since the 1709 update - was fine before that. Now I've upgraded my PCs to 1803, more issues (Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mingle, May 6, 2018.

1. mingle Win User

Folder/Drive sharing fubarred after 1803 upgrade...

Hi Guys,

I've had many problems with sharing since the 1709 update - was fine before that. Now I've upgraded my PCs to 1803, more issues (Thanks MS)...

I've shared the "D:" data partitions on my three PCs, with full access for everyone, password protected sharing turned off, network discovery on, etc, etc.

None of the shares show up in Windows explorer navigation pane after the 1803 update.

However, if I manually type in the \\server\share names into the explorer address-bar, they pop up in the navigation bar, but only for the duration of the Windows Explorer session - I have to manually retype the name of each server/share each time I start Windows Explorer - not the ideal situation.

Does anyone have any suggestion I can try?

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Folder/Drive sharing fubarred after 1803 upgrade...

1. Folder/Drive sharing fubarred after 1803 upgrade... - Similar Threads - Folder Drive sharing

2. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  3. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  4. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared

Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared: I shared a folder on external drive. I also have a shared folder on the PC that the external drive is connected to. Twice now I've gone to access the shared folder on the external drive, and it wouldn't connect. So then I would access the PC in question via "\\MyPCName",...
  6. 1803 not sharing folder

1803 not sharing folder: I am baffled at this new 1803 as when I share folder on my network no PC can see it in Network in explorer. I aware homegroup is gone but how can I share a folder on my network to another windows 10 or 7 PC? I right click folder etc & share there I tried everyone & guest &...
  7. Share entire drive in 1803?

Share entire drive in 1803?: I've read a lot of threads and articles on the weird new sharing principles in Win 10 v.1803. I've managed to be able to share individual folders successfully, but I'm still stuck when it comes to sharing the entire drive. When I try to do so via the only available option...
  8. "C" Drive shows full after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "C" Drive shows full after 1803 upgrade: My "C" drive is showing as 100% full after this upgrade but on checking I've found that only 80Gb have been used. What is causing this & when will M/Soft rectify?...
  9. C: drive folder sharing?

C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...
  10. Taskbar Icons fubar after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons fubar after upgrade: OK, Windows forced an upgrade. Now, the Taskbar is almost non-existent. I can only see a sliver of it. As for icons, if I pull one to the edge of the screen, a third of it is off screen. Don't ask for a screenshot. Why? Because in the screenshot, both the Taskbar and icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1803 shared folders invisible