Windows 10: Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH?

Discus and support Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been doing some web searches and haven't yet found an answer to my problem--though the attached text at the end of my message at least seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SmartGuyDumbPC, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH?

I've been doing some web searches and haven't yet found an answer to my problem--though the attached text at the end of my message at least seems to be someone wanting to do the same thing! Unfortunately, he posted the question in 2006 and as of today it remains unanswered.

Can anyone answer or tell me where to find the answer on my own?

PROBLEM: I want to create a folder that uses a custom icon that is specific to the folder itself. I've included the .ICO file within the folder itself where eventually I'll hit the HIDDEN attrib. I can then customize the folder's icon, and browse to the ICO no problem. Until I move the folder elsewhere. ICO is still there of course, but the path has changed. The guy posting the question below used the term relative path (which sounds perfectly logical to me) but I have no idea if that's a real term or not.

ANYONE?? *Smile

OH--And in his sample code from desktop.ini please let us all assume the artist SANTANA has been replaced with TINA TURNER! *Smile

Can someone of you guys tell me how to embed an icon into a Folder using a relative path?
    I have the icon in already but if I move the folder to another PC the icon won't show anymore.
    The icon file is placed inside the folder where it should appear.

The desktop.ini inside the folder looks like this:Code:
    [ViewState]
    Mode=
    Vid=
    FolderType=Music
    Logo=
    [.ShellClassInfo]
    IconResource=D:\Music\Carlos Santana\santana.ico,0
    If the folder gets moved to another PC the drive letter is not correct anymore.
    So I was thinking to change the path inside the desktop.ini to a relative path.
    How is this done or what is the correct way of doing it?

:)

SmartGuyDumbPC, Sep 24, 2015

2. auto arrange icons in windows 10

I have still problems with the same issue and I wonder why I can't get any help from any one on this issue from Microsoft Community.

I need please help and to find a solution

folder appearance, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Broaln Win User
    How do I make images in a folder the folder icon automatically?

I have a collection of music, and I want the album covers I have in the folders I have to be the folder icon instead of the folder icon.

How do I make windows do this automatically?

Broaln, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH?

1. Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH? - Similar Threads - Folder Icon Folder

2. win11 path for a phone folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 path for a phone folder: I regularly need to access the pictures captured on my phone in ..\Internal storage\DCIM\CameraBut I cannot find the correct replacement for the ..[MyPhone]If I create a shortcut from This PC to the connected phone on my desktop then look for the path referring to its place...
  3. win11 path for a phone folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 path for a phone folder: I regularly need to access the pictures captured on my phone in ..\Internal storage\DCIM\CameraBut I cannot find the correct replacement for the ..[MyPhone]If I create a shortcut from This PC to the connected phone on my desktop then look for the path referring to its place...
  4. Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.: So recently i noticed everytime i go into a folder it will just open the same path that i'm currently in.Example when i double click on Desktop folder in File Explorer, it doesnt show me the files i have on desktop but instead it opens a duplicate folder.Anyone ever...
  5. Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.

Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.: So recently i noticed everytime i go into a folder it will just open the same path that i'm currently in.Example when i double click on Desktop folder in File Explorer, it doesnt show me the files i have on desktop but instead it opens a duplicate folder.Anyone ever...
  6. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  7. File search and path folder

File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  8. Folder Path "\..\..\"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Path "\..\..\": Could you please let me know what the slash and period "\..\..\" notation mean in a folder path:C:\Users\Username\Documents\Project\..\..\SubProject\Module.basas I'm trying to understand and old VB6 project that errors out on the path?Thank you.DeuceSactown, USA...
  9. Folder Path icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Path icon in windows 10: I want to set the folder path as on English environment like C:\Users\st\ but when viewing properties I see¥ mark. Did System.Locale to English and language to English but not able to solve. Is there any way to solve this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Default Folders Sharing Path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Folders Sharing Path: Hello everyone! I was trying to set up a brand new laptop to store the default folders (Pictures, Videos and Music) in the D: drive instead of the C: drive as it is larger. Unfortunately, I must have set the folders on the same path, and now I can't separate them. Now, they...