Windows 10: Folder Icons

Discus and support Folder Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder on my desktop with my game shortcuts in it set at show Large Icons, but after last months windows update it always opens with the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dwarfer66, May 10, 2016.

1. dwarfer66 Win User

Folder Icons

I have a folder on my desktop with my game shortcuts in it set at show Large Icons, but after last months windows update it always opens with the icons in List mode, is there a way to always make it show Large Icons again, not really a problem but I like the large view over list view.

:)

dwarfer66, May 10, 2016

2. How to use system folder icons for user created folders ?

There's only one way: Create a folder named "Extra" on your new Memory Card. Now you can go inside and create folder with System Folder icon included. The trick is type these folder name as follow: predef. It can be used for sub folder (wallpaper, screen
    saver) as well

Note that only 11 following folders/sub folders can have System Folder icon on Memory Card. Here's the full list name:

Extra

-predefcollcetions (will have Collection Folder icon)

-predefgames (will have Game Folder icon)

-predefgaphics (will have Graphic Folder Icon)

--predefwallpapers (------------------------)

--predefscreensavers (------------------------)

-predefmusic (will have Music Files Folder icon)

-predeftrecordings (will have Recording Folder icon)

-predeftthemes (will have Themes Folder icon)

-predefttones (will have Tones Folder icon)

--predefringtones (---------------------------)

--predefalerttones (---------------------------)

jerry_lewis, May 10, 2016
  3. desktop icons, taskbar shortcut and folder icons are invisible

yeah, I was expecting that it would come to this, so it´s okay, I´m just a little dissapointed, cause I bought win 10 like 11 days ago and then this happens out of the blue. Installing all my apps is going to be exhausting, but I just want everything to
    work and to look organised and clean, so I will push trough it. I am just wondering if I can somehow prevent this from happening again.

but hey, thank you again, for your time and help.

Have a great day!

Mark.

Mark Rakucak, May 10, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Folder Icons

Did you try Restore defaults ?

CountMike, May 10, 2016
  5. dwarfer66 Win User
    Had a duh moment, thanks that seemed to work.

dwarfer66, May 10, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Welcome to "Duh" club !

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Folder Icons

1. Folder Icons - Similar Threads - Folder Icons

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  6. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  7. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  8. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  9. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  10. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...