Windows 10: Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

Discus and support Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro. As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danni111111, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

Hi,

I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro.

As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the changes I've made was to move "C:\Users" to "D:\Users", and then create the nessesary junction on the C drive. Additionally, user folders (documents, download, etc), are located in "D:\User Data". I'm mentioning these as I think it may be related to my problem.

Anyway. The problem is, on each startup, an empty folder "D:\User" (Note - not the users or ​user data folder) is being created by cmd.exe. Here is the process monitor boot log:

00:52:24.7024944 cmd.exe 6696 CreateFile D:\User SUCCESS
    00:52:24.7025931 cmd.exe 6696 CloseFile D:\User SUCCESS
    00:52:24.8838137 cmd.exe 6744 CreateFile D:\User NAME COLLISION

I've made sure no startup programs are causing this (by booting up with all startup programs disabled).

Is there any way to find out why the folder is being created, and how I can stop it from happening?

Thanks in advance!

(I know it is an awfully minor issue, but I really like having a very ordered and structured file layout on my HDD. Having a random folder present for no reason really bugs me.)

:)

Danni111111, Dec 23, 2016

2. I would like to remove the password at the startup of Win 10.

I cannot get the windows screen to come up as you can only get the login screen.

DianaZaccaria, Dec 23, 2016
  3. I would like to remove the password at the startup of Win 10.

* Original Title: password

I would like to remove the password at the startup of Win 10

I cannot find where to do that

I am not worried about security as the computer is only used by me

JohnTaylor-Morin, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

1. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it - Similar Threads - Folder being created

2. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  3. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  4. Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$: I have recently checked my C and D drive and found that there have been few folders appearing on them starting with "$". I have tried to delete them but can't and due to these I have almost lost all my C drive space 2.65gb free of 110gb even though I have mainly got windows...
  5. hoow to stop chkdsk on startup from cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hoow to stop chkdsk on startup from cmd: chkdsk runs automatically on startup and will not stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hoow-to-stop-chkdsk-on-startup-from-cmd/abb49056-f1fa-4557-bdd4-78acf51c76db
  6. Folders Being Created

Folders Being Created: Lately I have noticed that something in (I Think in Windows) is creating 2 folders on my computer. One is called (_CLOUD) and the other is called (ASTRA). I can delete them (and I do). Does anyone know what is causing these folders to be created and if so … How do you turn...
  7. CMD on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD on startup: so when I start up my computer and log in and after a few minutes the CMD will open up and then it will copy itself until I close the main one by the time I close it there are about 50 CMD boxes I don't know how to fix it...
  8. I would like to customize the destination folders

I would like to customize the destination folders: Hello, I have windows 10 and I do not know where my Microsoft apps I download go to, help me please. And I also would like to change the destination folders of everything, for example when I save pictures, I want them to automatically save for one of the folders I have...
  9. Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!: Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a week ago, without any obvious cause. I can delete the folder, but it is re-created at the next startup. I am running Windows...
  10. My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.: Have this annoying problem, where 2 of my folders automatically gets "compressed" (two arrows pointing as an icon). This ofcourse is a problem on "my documents" and "appdata", as this is folders that is used by a lot of programs. Its only these 2 folders that gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder created at each startup how??