Windows 10: Folder keeps getting rescanned?

Discus and support Folder keeps getting rescanned? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder full of .exe's and everytime I open it up I have to wait a couple of seconds to navigate within it as Windows 10 scans the folder so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfg555, May 22, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

Folder keeps getting rescanned?

I have a folder full of .exe's and everytime I open it up I have to wait a couple of seconds to navigate within it as Windows 10 scans the folder so that the icons for each executable gets displayed therefore consuming 100% disk activity. Why does Windows 10 do this? Windows 7 never did this, ever since I upgraded it keeps doing it.

:)

dfg555, May 22, 2017

2. Sharing folder on windows 10 keeps getting auto disabled, after latest patch in may!

Hi louie,

Tried both methods, and the folder still keeps auto disable the sharing function.

EugeneNg23, May 22, 2017
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Sharing folder on windows 10 keeps getting auto disabled, after latest patch in may!

Hi Eugene,

The possible reasons why you're having this concern can be caused by a software conflict or corrupted system files after the update process. You may use the following methods to resolve your concern:

Method 1: Start your PC in safe mode. This will help detect if there are any third-party
    applications that may cause the issue.

Method 2: Run the System File Checker tool. This
    tool will allow you to scan for any corruptions in Windows system files and restore it at the same time.

Let us know if the provided methods work for you.

Louie Del, May 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've not heard of this- but someone may have. Presumably your experience has been with older builds of Win 10, not just the newest Creator's Build, so it's not build specific.

I have a folder with 1000 exe's and zip files, and only notice a slight delay whilst the icons are displayed as I scroll down the folder, but that doesn't have a significant impact in practice.

Does the same happen in Safe Mode?

dalchina, May 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Folder keeps getting rescanned? - Similar Threads - Folder keeps getting

2. Keep getting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting BSOD: Hi, So for some reason I keep getting the blue screen of kernel security check failure and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, ran sfc, CHKDSK, memtest and I'm out of ideas. I was wondering if someone can help me? Here is the dump that WhoCrashed Said: On Mon...
  3. Keep getting BSOD

Keep getting BSOD: It seems when I am gaming is when it happens the most. I have tried to submit my dumps to other sites but have not received a reply. Issue of DRIVER STATE ERROR in windows 10 1903 (all updated and latest drivers) It only happens while gaming, World of Warcraft. I thought it...
  4. Keep getting BSOD and freezing.

Keep getting BSOD and freezing.: (Should note, I'm not too tech savvy with computers) As far back as 24/6/2019 I've been getting BSOD and times where the computer just freezes forever. Looking at reliability monitor it says there have been different faulting applications, these are all of them below:...
  5. Keep getting BSODs

Keep getting BSODs: I built a pc a while ago and I've been getting BSODs on it on a weekly basis. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers ran memtest86 (10 passes) with no issues ran Sfc /scannow with no issues ran chkdsk with no issues scanned for...
  6. keep getting destination folder access denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    keep getting destination folder access denied.: hi team, whenever I'm trying to paste anything in my local discs other than "C", or trying to delete anything from it, i keep getting a prompt saying destination access folder denied. and it asks me to provide administrator the permission to do it. though I'm the only...
  7. Windows keep getting Deselected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keep getting Deselected: Ok, so I bought a new msi laptop, and I have this problem where if I use the touchpad, the window I'm in randomly gets deselected. I have no idea why. This does not happen if I use a mouse, but it is very annoying to use the touchpad. It only happens when I touch the...
  8. Keep getting BSOD

Keep getting BSOD: ​Hey guys, new to this forum. The reason I am here is to seek help as to why my computer keeps getting BSOD. This happens once or twice a week. I have gotten 4 different ones this month alone. If you can please help me understand why I am getting these or give me...
  9. WiFi keeps getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi keeps getting disconnected: hi! This problem seem to come out out of nowhere.. I have already turned off my auto update for windows since that was causing me problems BSOD with my drivers before. Now all of a sudden my internet connection seems to stop for some reason while im browsing. Also my Wifi...
  10. Folders Keep Changing Position

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Keep Changing Position: hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem. when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i resize it, but always...