Windows 10: Folder keeps getting rescanned?

Discus and support Folder keeps getting rescanned? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder full of .exe's and everytime I open it up I have to wait a couple of seconds to navigate within it as Windows 10 scans the folder so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfg555, May 22, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

Folder keeps getting rescanned?

I have a folder full of .exe's and everytime I open it up I have to wait a couple of seconds to navigate within it as Windows 10 scans the folder so that the icons for each executable gets displayed therefore consuming 100% disk activity. Why does Windows 10 do this? Windows 7 never did this, ever since I upgraded it keeps doing it.

:)

dfg555, May 22, 2017

2. Sharing folder on windows 10 keeps getting auto disabled, after latest patch in may!

Hi louie,

Tried both methods, and the folder still keeps auto disable the sharing function.

EugeneNg23, May 22, 2017
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Sharing folder on windows 10 keeps getting auto disabled, after latest patch in may!

Hi Eugene,

The possible reasons why you're having this concern can be caused by a software conflict or corrupted system files after the update process. You may use the following methods to resolve your concern:

Method 1: Start your PC in safe mode. This will help detect if there are any third-party
    applications that may cause the issue.

Method 2: Run the System File Checker tool. This
    tool will allow you to scan for any corruptions in Windows system files and restore it at the same time.

Let us know if the provided methods work for you.

Louie Del, May 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've not heard of this- but someone may have. Presumably your experience has been with older builds of Win 10, not just the newest Creator's Build, so it's not build specific.

I have a folder with 1000 exe's and zip files, and only notice a slight delay whilst the icons are displayed as I scroll down the folder, but that doesn't have a significant impact in practice.

Does the same happen in Safe Mode?

dalchina, May 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Folder keeps getting rescanned? - Similar Threads - Folder keeps getting

2. File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.: Ever since upgrading from Win10 to WIn11, every time I open File Explorer, it rescans the entire computer. The address bar does the whole, slowly-fill-with-green-from-left-to-right thing. Meanwhile, none of my pinned folders are there in the left pane. None of my networked...
  3. Prompt to stop Disk rescan in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompt to stop Disk rescan in progress: 'Widely available Command for Disk rescan has me hoping; a stop Disk rescan in progress Prompt has also been generated to add to the mix, which would really be helpful....
  4. Prompt to stop Disk rescan in progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompt to stop Disk rescan in progress: 'Widely available Command for Disk rescan has me hoping; a stop Disk rescan in progress Prompt has also been generated to add to the mix, which would really be helpful....
  5. Intel usb 3.1 extensible host controller - 1.10 Microsoft driver repeatedly rescanning for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel usb 3.1 extensible host controller - 1.10 Microsoft driver repeatedly rescanning for...: I recently started to get the above driver repeatedly scanning for hardware changes every 5 minutes. This only happens when I have a USB-C multiport device connected to the USB-C port.It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it will constantly do the scan every 5 minutes,...
  6. Folders keep getting removed from quick access by itself.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders keep getting removed from quick access by itself.: Every 2 days or so, folders get removed from the quick access on the left by itself. I keep having to put them there again, but it is super annoying. Pretty new PC with no viruses or anything. [ATTACH]...
  7. user folder keeps getting created every restart?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user folder keeps getting created every restart?: So I delete it, and every time i restart its back. I keep getting a users\\appdata\local\microsoft\inputpersonalization\textharvester\textharvester.dat i dont even know where to begin so if anyone knows off-hand id be appreciative :) - - - Updated - - - figured it out....
  8. How to rescan a dirve in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rescan a dirve in Microsoft Photos: Photos for Windows 10 is failing to properly index a flash drive after the flash drive was accidently unplugged. How can I get Photos to delete the partial index and re-index the drive?...
  9. How to rescan local folders for faces in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rescan local folders for faces in Microsoft Photos: Hello, I have previously added local drive folders into Microsoft Photos, which have successfully had faces scanned and added under the 'People' tab. Some of the folders have new photos being added in a regular basis. Although these photos are being successfully found under...
  10. keep getting destination folder access denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    keep getting destination folder access denied.: hi team, whenever I'm trying to paste anything in my local discs other than "C", or trying to delete anything from it, i keep getting a prompt saying destination access folder denied. and it asks me to provide administrator the permission to do it. though I'm the only...