Windows 10: Folder Media Information

Discus and support Folder Media Information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Last week I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and I was wondering what happened to the media information in folders of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soundguy585, May 19, 2016.

1. Folder Media Information

Hello, Last week I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and I was wondering what happened to the media information in folders of my videos. Windows 7 had the file size, file type, run time etc of the highlighted video and I believe audio files. Is it gone or do I need to enable it somewhere? It has been a really helpful feature. I can't believe they took it away along with Media Player. Everyone seems so media conscience these days. It seems a step backwards. Thank you for any help you can provide.*Cool

:)

Soundguy585, May 19, 2016

2. windows 10 media player files

I have been editing the album, artists, and track information in Media Player, but when I look at the 'Music' folders, the 'Properties' date hasn't changed, and the info I've changed in Media Player hasn't changed in the 'Music' folder files. (Q1) Where
    are Media Player files stored? (Q2) Why aren't my Media Player changes reflected in the 'Music' folder?

BriDogWoof, May 19, 2016
  3. David_638 Win User
    Copying files in Windows 10 creating system files on the source media

Looks like extended directory information in a hidden folder. Any change to the source media, makes the source media no longer usable.

David_638, May 19, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Folder Media Information

Enable details pane.

View > Details Pane > Select a media file ..... it is all there.

Folder Media Information [​IMG]

EDIT: It is not the fact.
    Media Player is right there.

Folder Media Information [​IMG]

5. Hey, thanks, Arc. Very nice graphic. Thanks for taking time to explain. Can't wait to discover new things about W-10.

Soundguy585, May 24, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Windows 10 is a great OS packed with features. Almost nothing from our favorite previous versions is lost and a lot of nice new features are added.

Give it a time, you will like it. *Smile

Thema:

Folder Media Information

1. Folder Media Information - Similar Threads - Folder Media Information

2. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  3. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  4. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  6. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  7. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Downloading media information

Downloading media information: How do I download media information when adding a cd to my Microsoft media player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-media-information/866914af-f5ec-4bce-8d26-65b4103ba8fa
  9. Media Player - Find Album Information

Media Player - Find Album Information: When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com This server seems unable to find any music, even music that was previously found! Previous versions of Media Player on my previous laptop searched for album...
  10. How do I install media information?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install media information?: How di I install media information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-media-information/a053a640-bebb-4fd0-b7fa-e58bf988f18e