Windows 10: Folder Missing

Discus and support Folder Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I connected my phone via USB and moved the pictures to a folder I created in Pictures. I know it was a mistake to use move instead of copy but at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EliteKermit, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Folder Missing

I connected my phone via USB and moved the pictures to a folder I created in Pictures. I know it was a mistake to use move instead of copy but at the time it looked like a good idea for what I was trying to do.

I compressed some of the pictures to sent to a friend and while uploading the file at about 70% an error occured via the browser: "File not found". Strange, I thought and went to check on the folder. The folder was missing, while everything else in pictures remained the same. I checked the Recycle Bin, nothing. I immediately used Recuva, recovered some photos but they are corrupted. I can see the link to the files in recent places : Screenshot so I am not crazy.

Does anyone have a clue on what happened?

Here are some of the computers characteristics: Screenshot

:)

EliteKermit, Nov 17, 2015

2. missing folder

Thank you.

It worked.

SteveAnderson270, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Missing folders

Have you check the recycle bin to see if they were accidentally deleted?

FernandoYebra1, Nov 17, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Folder Missing

Hi, did you
    a. Disconnect your phone whilst moving the files (probably not)
    b. Disconnect your phone without using safe remove.. For example, if you copy thing to an external drive (HDD not flash) and disconnect the drive you may find the files are corrupted or need chkdsk running to get full access.

So, you could try running chkdsk..

Depending how the photos are stored on your phone, I suppose you might even be able to recover them on that ..

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  5. No, this happened after the files were done being moved to the hard drive. I was uploading them, or rather a zip that was in the folder with them but then the files and the zip were gone.

6. dalchina New Member
    After you had moved the files to the hard drive, did you disconnect your phone before you uploaded them?

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  7. Don't remember for sure, but they were already zipped and the uploading was going on for 20 minutes before stopping.

And I did check the disk with both Glary Utilities and using chkdsk.

8. dalchina New Member

Folder Missing

What puzzles me is that the error occurred that you first noted was with the zipped files, uploading, which presumably should have then been independent of your phone.

Presumably you zipped them to the same folder as the originals?

Ok, you tried chkdsk. After that, one of the good data recovery programs.
    However, they may well be overwritten by now...*Huh

This may be of passing interest:
    How to use Windows 10's File History backup feature | PCWorld

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Folder Missing

1. Folder Missing - Similar Threads - Folder Missing

2. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  3. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  4. how to recover missing file folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover missing file folder?: My file folder holding my work disappeared. It isn't in trash, it isn't misplaced My computer didn't shut down or crash either. I have looked at hidden panel, checked recycling, checked all my other folder files to see if it got put in them. Is there anything i can do to fix...
  5. how to recover missing file folder?

how to recover missing file folder?: My file folder holding my work disappeared. It isn't in trash, it isn't misplaced My computer didn't shut down or crash either. I have looked at hidden panel, checked recycling, checked all my other folder files to see if it got put in them. Is there anything i can do to fix...
  6. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  7. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  8. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  9. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  10. Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing

Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing: A few days ago, I researched if my Saved Games folder was safe to be moved from drive to drive because I couldn't uphold the storage with windows and that folder on one drive. I used an online tutorial of right clicking the properties folder and changing the default locations...