Windows 10: Folder Options in registry

Discus and support Folder Options in registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Where in the Windows registry is the reg key for user folder options? [img] 34318 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leandro, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Leandro Win User

Folder Options in registry

Hi,

Where in the Windows registry is the reg key for user folder options?

Folder Options in registry [​IMG]

:)

Leandro, Dec 17, 2015

2. File Explorer won't open windows 10

I tried all three of the above options.

Option 3 - deleting registry folder worked for me Folder Options in registry :)

MikeTheMonster, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 user folder shortened by one letter - a nightmare

To prevent this problem, you can first create a new local user account. Login to the account and then switch it to Microsoft account. That way, your user profile folder will be correctly named. That's the easiest option.

Complicated way is to
    rename the user profile folder
    in the registry and change the old profile folder path references in the registry to the new folder name/path. This is a bit risky as it can break applications/settings.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 17, 2015
  5. Leandro Win User
    Hey Brink!
    Exactly what I needed.

Thanks!!

Leandro, Dec 17, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder Options in registry - Similar Threads - Folder Options registry

2. OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays: I use Dropbox and do not use OneDrive. In order to ensure the Dropbox folder overlays are displayed, I need to delete the registry entries for the OneDrive folder overlays because they appear above have a higher priority than the Dropbox overlays. That's fine, but EVERY TIME...
  3. registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...: [IMG] I tried to add a context menu/right click menu option for windows terminal app, but accidentally added 2 different ones under 2 different names. I want to delete the options now, but the registry entry is missing. Unfortunately, I deleted the .reg file that I...
  4. How to Create folder in registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create folder in registry: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folder-in-registry/b4fa7a55-78a8-4ee6-a739-ff1503cc42a2
  5. What is the Registry Key for the "Show frequently used folder in Quick access" option?

What is the Registry Key for the "Show frequently used folder in Quick access" option?: I need the registry keys to turn off this option. I have only found the registry key for turning off file history, not frequently used folders. [ATTACH]...
  6. Missing Registry Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830
  7. Missing Registry Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830
  8. Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...: I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites. I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process. I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:...
  9. Deleted entire registry folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted entire registry folder.: So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said:...
  10. File association registry folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    File association registry folder: I know that I already made a post related to this one, but after I marked a reply as an answer, no one was replying to it, so here's another post Basically, I have a laptop with Windows 10 home 64-bit on it, and I have reset it multiple times due to different problems that...