Windows 10: folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

Discus and support folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I reset the left side column marked "folder's" which seems to be covered over and I can not read my folder titles? My inbox is ok and my emails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vintage Seabee, Jul 12, 2017.

1. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

How do I reset the left side column marked "folder's" which seems to be covered over and I can not read my folder titles? My inbox is ok and my emails I can read but not the folders?

:)

Vintage Seabee, Jul 12, 2017

2. Can I show all Outlook folders In one list or be notified of subfolder emails?

Agree that this is a significant weakness. On my desktop, Outlook as the ability to create an Unread Mail folder. That is what the phone needs.

LMFChicago, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Search folder

I have a lot of rules in my outlook (sending mails directly to different subfolders). On my PC i use my unread messages folder instead of my inbox. But I am not able to find the "unread folder"in in my MB 6.1, when I sync, I have to go into each subfolder
    to find out if there is any mails (really time consuming).

So my humble question is how do I setup this "unread messages folder" in my MB 6.1 (I have a HTC touch pro)?

Thanks in advance

AK NYGAARD, Jul 12, 2017
  4. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

Hi Vintage Seabee. Welcome to the Tenforums @seabee

If you go to the navigation pane on the left then start to move right. Do it slowly as you approach right hand edge of Navigation Pane. You will notice mouse cursor go from a single arrow head to another icon, one with arrow heads pointing left and right with two bars between. When you see this hold your left mouse button down and drag the navigation pane edge wider.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 12, 2017
  5. Hi Ken,, My bride wrote the post & I can't find how to edit it. Your solution does what we do when the folder pane isn't needed. My folder pane is readable, while hers is not. We can see only the top part of the folder name. Any other advice is appreciated & thanks for your reply.

Vintage Seabee, Jul 12, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2017
  7. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable [​IMG]
    what do you think ?

Vintage Seabee, Jul 13, 2017
  8. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

My mistake, I was in Outlook (Office). It is beyond my pay grade why MS decided to name everything Outlook.

By the way which browser are you using? Have you tried alternate?

Okay lets try Zoom. With this view showing please press CRTL + 0 (Zero)

Next, there should be a gear on the right side, click, then click "Change theme", set it to a basic color, near bottom of themes.

Have you got any add-ins running, same gear this time click on "Manage add-ins". Check and disable.

Ken

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2017
  9. She did what you suggested, w/o the control 0, since the gear was showing. Went to basic black, unchecked a few add ins (all are off). She uses Chrome while I use edge. This problem just showed up & I wonder if I need to uninstall outlook mail & reinstall it ? If so, will we need to have new e-addresses? Not a good thing.

Vintage Seabee, Jul 14, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    Hi,
    On test I can reproduce that exact effect in the Chrome Browser by increasing the text/font size to Very large.
    3 dots > Settings > Font size
    Also Customise fonts > Font size slider, taking that towards Huge also cuts off the bottom of text depending how far you push it.

So basically reduce the font size to Medium(recommended). Fiddle to suit.

You can probably do that in other Browsers as well, I only tried Chrome and IE 11, so look at those sort of settings.
    IE 11 requires too much fiddling to potentially get to the effect.

The Web interface is what it is, you don't install it as such.

Helmut, Jul 14, 2017
  11. My son visited this wknd & did what Helmut suggested, before I read the post. It's fixed *Biggrin She's happy so I'm happy. Our thanks to Ken & Helmut for the advice & take care.

Vintage Seabee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

1. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable - Similar Threads - folder pane outlook

2. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  3. Outlook 365 Folder Pane Keeps Resizing

Outlook 365 Folder Pane Keeps Resizing: I have recently started having problems with the Outlook 365 folder pane resizing itself. Has anyone else found this? Is there a way to stop it? I am not sure as to what version this started happening. Maybe the version I am currently on now, which is 16.0.13231.20250...
  4. Folders Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders Pane: Need a command to toggle folders to full expansion plus sub folders and then back to regular view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-pane/7e2e1b9d-43af-49f2-a1dd-03bd72dcacf3"
  5. Unread Messages in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unread Messages in Outlook: When I open my Office Outlook all of my messages show as already read. It only started this about a month ago. I have changed the settings numerous times just as the instructions say, but it just goes right back to showing all messages read. I want my unread messages to...
  6. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail: Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders. The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over. Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is...
  7. Outlook - new way of marking unread mail - coming up

Outlook - new way of marking unread mail - coming up: Below seems to be a feature that will be coming up soon. It marks unread mail with a vertical blue bar. As a result it increases the line spacing. Not sure I will be happy about it and hopefully it can be disabled. As for me: unread mail marked in bold is good enough....
  8. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  9. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my inbox folders are unreadable as they are too far right