Windows 10: Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Discus and support Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Hello,

I have a Folder on my Desktop in which
    I have placed many photos.

The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly.
    No problems.

But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a name or number.

Any way to have the listing show small thumbnails of the actual pix's, rather than just
    an IrfanView icon for each ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 19, 2016
  2. mackjd Win User

Picture Thumbnails

Upgraded to Windows 10. When I open a folder with pictures in it, I get only icons and no thumbnails. This applies to photos in folders I use to store pictures. In the standard Photos app, those pictures DO show a thumbnail. "Always show icons, not thumbnails"
    is NOT checked. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

mackjd, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Tom_WC Win User
    moving photos from camera to PC

So you're saying that you changed the View setting for your camera's folder back to List and it had no effect on Photos? Yet Photos was "fixed" when you changed that folder to show thumbnails (icons)? I suppose it could be a coincidence but be prepared
    to change it back if Photos stops showing thumbnails.

Tom_WC, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just use the options in explorer here:

Folder Photos:  Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ? [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Folder Photos:  Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ? [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Thank you so much buddy.

Pointless 111, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ? - Similar Threads - Folder Photos Showing

2. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  3. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  4. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  5. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  7. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  8. OneDrive iOS App Photos Tab Showing All Photos Rather Than Just My Just Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive iOS App Photos Tab Showing All Photos Rather Than Just My Just Pictures Folder: In the iOS OneDrive app photos are displayed in the Photos tab from all folders in my OneDrive collection, not just photos from my Pictures folder. In Windows 10 i have the option checked in the photos app to only show photos from my Pictures folder. I realise this is a...
  9. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...