Windows 10: Folder poping up and then dissapearing

Discus and support Folder poping up and then dissapearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pantz, May 6, 2017.

1. Pantz Win User

Folder poping up and then dissapearing

Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my desktop, does anyone have any idea as to what is happening ? when i open the folder i see all my drives, but then the Folder disappears , as of this post , the folder is no longer on my Desktop

Thanks in Advance

:)

Pantz, May 6, 2017

2. email wizard poping up now and then

As the wizard is part of the firmware, so i'm afraid it cannot be uninstalled. It shouldn't pop up if you configure all your network settings and setup nokia messaging email in your device.

Another way can be to set your operator manually(settings>connectivity >network >operator selection >manual, and choose your carrier). This way device will not search for new networks everytime you go off network coverage area and it'll also save lots of battery.

Roshanrims, May 6, 2017
  3. email wizard poping up now and then

When I first got my 5230 the email wizard would pop-up by itself now and then but I changed something and it stopped.

I did a hard reset a while back and now it is happening again and I can not remember what I changed.

I think it was one of thoes options to do with the sim card like allowing it to automatically download network settings or something like that but just cant remember.

The wizard usually pops-up after the signal has gone completely then comes back.

Any ideas?

spamthroat, May 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I would suggest the usual procedure of elimination.

Try a clean boot. Hopefully it won't appear then.

If it does, then try Safe Mode. If it doesn't appear then, then you need to identify what is different between Safe Mode and a clean boot, and determine the originating process.

If it doesn't appear after a clean boot, then progressively enable services then startups until it does.

Once you know the process or service it relates to, you will have a lot more to go on.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (1st part only)

dalchina, May 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Folder poping up and then dissapearing - Similar Threads - Folder poping dissapearing

2. Several folders starts poping up once i open my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several folders starts poping up once i open my pc: several folders start to popup once i open my pc then they all suddenly close up and remains a few notepad files by the names "StructuredQuery", "MSI67784", "DESKTOP-26A9125-20230831-0913", "cv_bug" and lastly "chrome_installer". this situation has never happened before and i...
  3. Cmd keep poping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd keep poping up: Hi, so i have a problem cmd keep poping every 30 min or 1h with nothing in it i can t type anything in it toohere is what it looks likeThis is what shows up in task manager...
  4. Cmd keep poping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd keep poping up: Hi, so i have a problem cmd keep poping every 30 min or 1h with nothing in it i can t type anything in it toohere is what it looks likeThis is what shows up in task manager...
  5. CMD poping up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD poping up randomly: Every time i start up my pc cmd pops up. It disapears after a few seconds but constantly reappears after some time causing the application thats fullscreen to minimize. I scanned my pc with malwarebytes and avast i dont have any paid antiviruses and it removed some files but...
  6. The calculator keeps poping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    The calculator keeps poping up: calculator keeps popping up Seems when I press the letter d How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-keeps-poping-up/7eb913af-efb0-4434-ac84-42fb21bc87a7
  7. keeps poping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keeps poping up: no matter how or when i sign in or change password I cant get rid of this pop up I assume it a microsoft issue I did a virus and malware scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keeps-poping-up/555605cd-c4fd-4fa1-9a73-6a9f737d9bfe"
  8. Keep poping up. Help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep poping up. Help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Eabros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxqaao/keep_poping_up_help_please/
  9. desktop folders have dissapeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop folders have dissapeared: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeared/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4
  10. MsiInstaller poping up window (SDXHelper.exe)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MsiInstaller poping up window (SDXHelper.exe): I'm trying to figure it out but no help, 3-4 a day I see very short popping up window once I got this at event viewer: and this: That for event 4689: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...