Windows 10: Folder poping up and then dissapearing

Discus and support Folder poping up and then dissapearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pantz, May 6, 2017.

1. Pantz Win User

Folder poping up and then dissapearing

Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my desktop, does anyone have any idea as to what is happening ? when i open the folder i see all my drives, but then the Folder disappears , as of this post , the folder is no longer on my Desktop

Thanks in Advance

:)

Pantz, May 6, 2017

2. email wizard poping up now and then

As the wizard is part of the firmware, so i'm afraid it cannot be uninstalled. It shouldn't pop up if you configure all your network settings and setup nokia messaging email in your device.

Another way can be to set your operator manually(settings>connectivity >network >operator selection >manual, and choose your carrier). This way device will not search for new networks everytime you go off network coverage area and it'll also save lots of battery.

Roshanrims, May 6, 2017
  3. email wizard poping up now and then

When I first got my 5230 the email wizard would pop-up by itself now and then but I changed something and it stopped.

I did a hard reset a while back and now it is happening again and I can not remember what I changed.

I think it was one of thoes options to do with the sim card like allowing it to automatically download network settings or something like that but just cant remember.

The wizard usually pops-up after the signal has gone completely then comes back.

Any ideas?

spamthroat, May 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I would suggest the usual procedure of elimination.

Try a clean boot. Hopefully it won't appear then.

If it does, then try Safe Mode. If it doesn't appear then, then you need to identify what is different between Safe Mode and a clean boot, and determine the originating process.

If it doesn't appear after a clean boot, then progressively enable services then startups until it does.

Once you know the process or service it relates to, you will have a lot more to go on.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (1st part only)

dalchina, May 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Folder poping up and then dissapearing - Similar Threads - Folder poping dissapearing

2. desktop folders have dissapeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop folders have dissapeared: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeared/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4
  3. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files dissapearing from Downloads folder: Hello all I would not write this if I would not test this myself. I have fresh installed W10 Pro. Also, this happened before. My files are disappearing from Downloads folder, and today there was one very important file that just disappeared. I am really afraid to store...
  4. shutdown dialog keep poping up window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shutdown dialog keep poping up window 10: idk what wrong with it i ran malware byte and avg and window defender still dont fix i have window 10 btw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-dialog-keep-poping-up-window-10/339e5637-10ee-4cc2-93fe-a822b7378c34
  5. This keeps poping up in my face every now and then

in Windows 10 Customization
    This keeps poping up in my face every now and then: Hello, I use Windows 10 this is a picture of what happens and keeps interrupting my work : [ATTACH] The start menu, little dictation bar on the top and the "Connect" panel on the right I was just using my browser and all of that opens up out of nowhere!...
  6. MsiInstaller poping up window (SDXHelper.exe)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MsiInstaller poping up window (SDXHelper.exe): I'm trying to figure it out but no help, 3-4 a day I see very short popping up window once I got this at event viewer: and this: That for event 4689: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  7. This has been poping up on my computer a lot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This has been poping up on my computer a lot: [IMG] This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is spyware and a virus on my laptop, and that I visited an illegal website that I would end up in prison for, and asking for my...
  8. "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared

in Browsers and Email
    "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared: "Outlook Express" which has been my email program since Windows XP and up to Windows 8.1 disappeared when I uploaded Windows 10. This included all my saved emails and all my contacts. The replacement email program, which I assume is from Windows 10, is as useful as a eunuch....
  9. Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Cortana keep poping up randomly?: I don't know what triggers it and have yet to zero in on some gesture or part of the screen that calls up the black box. But sometimes it just seems like it randomly pops up when I'm doing something and I have to X it. 35368
  10. random pop up window then dissapears

in Windows 10 Support
    random pop up window then dissapears: Hello can you please explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the problem, restart, turned it off and just let it sit there doing nothing and yet still pops up. I have disabled everything...