Windows 10: Folder Protection

Discus and support Folder Protection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Home, Excel and Word 2010, VLC. Is it possible for me to have one or two folders in (My) Documents which are protected by a password? Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, Mar 12, 2018.

1. convul Win User

Folder Protection

W10 Home, Excel and Word 2010, VLC.
    Is it possible for me to have one or two folders in (My) Documents which are protected by a password?
    Thanks for any replies.

:)

convul, Mar 12, 2018

2. Protected Folders

I am using Windows10 on a Surface. Suddenly, when trying to save a scanned document as a PDF I am getting a message which says that I can't save it there (anywhere!) as it is a Protected Folder. It appears that Windows Defender is blocking this. My question
    is simply "Why is this happening and how do I stop it?".

Alan Chantler, Mar 12, 2018
  3. grschinon Win User
    Protected folder

You already have it in the form of the ZIP manager.

Simply create a zip archive containing the documents you want to protect, and then add a password to the zip archive.

Obviously delete the files that you've just put into the zip archive...

grschinon, Mar 12, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Folder Protection

dalchina, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

Folder Protection

1. Folder Protection - Similar Threads - Folder Protection

2. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.: It takes up 62gb of my 70gb storage but i have another drive I'd like to move the folder to is that even possible it dosen't have to work afterwards but it would be nice if it did...
  3. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.: It takes up 62gb of my 70gb storage but i have another drive I'd like to move the folder to is that even possible it dosen't have to work afterwards but it would be nice if it did...
  4. is it posiblein any way to relocate the "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...: Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection when turned on or enabled is causing system restore point to be stuck in a loop anyone else discover this issue?If i turn off the folder protection feature i can create system restore point within seconds. but when its...
  6. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...

Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...: Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection when turned on or enabled is causing system restore point to be stuck in a loop anyone else discover this issue?If i turn off the folder protection feature i can create system restore point within seconds. but when its...
  7. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro for the sole purpose of being able to protect my files. I do all the steps of going into Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data. It asked me if I wanted to back it up which I chose "back up now" to. It opens...
  8. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro for the sole purpose of being able to protect my files. I do all the steps of going into Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data. It asked me if I wanted to back it up which I chose "back up now" to. It opens...
  9. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

10. Why is is such a pain in the ass to password protect folders on Windows?

Why is is such a pain in the ass to password protect folders on Windows?: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro for the sole purpose of being able to protect my files. I do all the steps of going into Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data. It asked me if I wanted to back it up which I chose "back up now" to. It opens...