Windows 10: Folder Protection

Discus and support Folder Protection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Home, Excel and Word 2010, VLC. Is it possible for me to have one or two folders in (My) Documents which are protected by a password? Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by convul, Mar 12, 2018.

1. convul Win User

Folder Protection

W10 Home, Excel and Word 2010, VLC.
    Is it possible for me to have one or two folders in (My) Documents which are protected by a password?
    Thanks for any replies.

:)

convul, Mar 12, 2018

2. Protected Folders

I am using Windows10 on a Surface. Suddenly, when trying to save a scanned document as a PDF I am getting a message which says that I can't save it there (anywhere!) as it is a Protected Folder. It appears that Windows Defender is blocking this. My question
    is simply "Why is this happening and how do I stop it?".

Alan Chantler, Mar 12, 2018
  3. grschinon Win User
    Protected folder

You already have it in the form of the ZIP manager.

Simply create a zip archive containing the documents you want to protect, and then add a password to the zip archive.

Obviously delete the files that you've just put into the zip archive...

grschinon, Mar 12, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Folder Protection

dalchina, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

Folder Protection

1. Folder Protection - Similar Threads - Folder Protection

2. Sub-folders in ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sub-folders in ransomware protection: I want to add a folder with sub-folders in it to be protected with Windows 10 ransomware protection. Is enough to add the root folder in ransomware protected folder options in order that all of its subfolders are also protected? Or do I have to add each sub-folder...
  3. Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...

Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and...: When I was on build 1809 with ransomware protection enabled, I only got alerts for 3rd party programs trying to write to the controlled folders. Friday, Windows updated to 1903, and now I'm getting alerts that it is blocking Windows system files and services from protected...
  4. Allow cmd to run in a protected folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow cmd to run in a protected folder: I have a data file that is accessed by different PC's/Users at different times. The data file is on One Drive. The program that uses the data file saves automatically but cannot tolerate (for lack of the correct word) the lag time to save to One Drive. I wrote a simple batch...
  5. How to unblock- protected folders-

How to unblock- protected folders-: Just downloaded microsoft latest update.. much ahs changed.... but now It seems that in error I blocked myself out of my own folders in the interest of creating security of some folder. It appears that I have protected folders that I cannot access as the administrator....
  6. What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?

What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?: I keep seeing these notifications every day, several time a day. When I click on them they go to the Windows Security -> Protection history. There are many of them and if I click on them they want me to log in. What do these mean? Is there some corrective action I need to...
  7. password protection of windows explorer folders

password protection of windows explorer folders: can i apply password protection to lock a folder or directory in Windows Explorer so it cannot be opened, nor files viewed, without the password?...
  8. How To Change Protection to the Program Files folder in Win 10

How To Change Protection to the Program Files folder in Win 10: There is a C:\Program Files\ folder and I am using Win 10. I created a Sub folder called SS (i.e. C:\Program Files\SS\ ) and I want users to add data and make changes to data in that folder. I am unable to makes changes to the security like those on the C: drive....
  9. Removing protection from non-system folder

Removing protection from non-system folder: My problem concerns Windows Security/Virus & threat protection/Ransomware protection/Controlled folder access/Protected folders. The option exists to add a protected folder to the ones that Windows already protects. I did that. I would now like to remove the folder that I...
  10. Protected Folders

Protected Folders: I uninstalled Windows10UpgraderApp.exe . I received a warning app or process blocked. Protected Folder %desktopdirectory% Blocked by Controlled folder access Would it be okay to allow this. I am not very computer savvy. I have just started using windows defender....