Windows 10: Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit

Discus and support Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to Win 10 on both my PC & HP laptop, folder sharing worked even with my wife's Mac. Oddly, now the only one that works is PC to Mac.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GARoss, Sep 22, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit

After upgrading to Win 10 on both my PC & HP laptop, folder sharing worked even with my wife's Mac. Oddly, now the only one that works is PC to Mac. All folder sharing fails between my PC & HP laptop.

I've checked my shared folders to be sure "Everyone" is included. When I try to connect, I get a popup asking for passwords (see photo). I know the ID & passwords are correct but it fails every time.

Not sure how to fix this? *Confused

Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, Sep 22, 2015
  2. MenyEi Win User

Establishing home network

Thanks Qui for your reply.

The build ID is 14393.1066

Both PCs are connected with wired connection.

I see the folder that I shared in the Network folder on the Win10 explorer but not on the Win7 (on Win7 Network folder I do not see the Win10 PC ID).

One another thing regarding the HomeGroup - I have HomeGroup entity in the Win7 but when I open the HomeGroup page in the Win10, I get the message that there is no HomeGroup at the network...

Both PCs are connected through switch with my VDSL router and both have internet connection (as it seemed to me that there might be connectivity issues as Win10 can't recognize the configured HomeGroup on the other PC).

Thanks

MenyEi, Sep 22, 2015
  3. paulk0 Win User
    Network discovery and Homegroup not working on Windows 10 PCs

I am trying to set up file sharing between two PCs running Win10, one hardwired, one via WiFi. I have Network Discovery enabled for both PCs and both PCs have joined Homegroup, but neither PC can see others on the network and I can't share folders/files
    with Homegroup. I've rebooted my network, routers and PCs, but still no success. Any suggestions or pointers to additional troubleshooting or fixes would be GREATLY appreciated.

paulk0, Sep 22, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Turn off password....
    In addition, on security tab of the shared folder, you also have Everyone set to full control

Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 22, 2015
  5. GARoss Win User
    That did it! Still confused why logging in didn't work if the user name & passwords were correct. But, it's working & that's the goal! Thanks.

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit - Similar Threads - Folder sharing working

2. Troubles with Shared folder on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles with Shared folder on PC: I'm trying to access my PC with NAS folders, i have a folder set up but i don't know what the username and password is, i tried my username, email address and full name, and i tried my microsoft login password, my windows PIN, nothing's worked...
  3. Troubles with Shared folder on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles with Shared folder on PC: I'm trying to access my PC with NAS folders, i have a folder set up but i don't know what the username and password is, i tried my username, email address and full name, and i tried my microsoft login password, my windows PIN, nothing's worked...
  4. Troubles with Shared folder on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?: Both PC's are set up. When trying to connect, I get error code 0x80070035 - check spelling. Both are setup on private profile and the sharing is on. Can anyone help?...
  6. Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?: I have an old PCI TV tuner card ATI HDTV Wonder I'm considering buying an adapter for to use on my new PC, but it's so old the last driver they made for it was for 64bit Vista which worked with 64bit Win7. I don't want to waste money on a PCI to PCIe adapter just to use the...
  7. Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64bit: windows1064bit2004KB2693643 0x8024001d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/f9771dca-7f2b-4c91-bae2-058493d928a3
  8. Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC

Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC: I know the basics of network sharing, but it only works for me if I specify sharing with Everyone. Here are my two problems: 1. I want to share a folder on one PC with a specific person working on another PC. I get to where I have to type a name and then click Add.......
  9. Shared folder structure on networked PC

Shared folder structure on networked PC: Hi all, I have set up some shared folders so they can be read on another PC on my home network Win 10, latest version. No access to the PC's from outside my home. However, on the remote PC, the shared folder is shown at the lowest level, e.g,...
  10. Share a folder win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share a folder win10: Why is it so difficult to find out how to share a folder when on the same wifi network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-a-folder-win10/e9f45ba0-6638-4b83-bc62-a774176ef25d