Windows 10: Folder Size

Discus and support Folder Size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Group, I have an internal hard drive, 1 TB, just for data. If I add up the sizes of all the folders, it is about 75 GB. But properties for the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by awildttrout, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Folder Size

Hi Group, I have an internal hard drive, 1 TB, just for data. If I add up the sizes of all the folders, it is about 75 GB. But properties for the drive show it has 455 GB of data. I know it has nowhere near that. The red line appears showing it close to full. What is happening here? Any ideas will be appreciated.

:)

awildttrout, Feb 3, 2017

2. How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Nyima Yonten you are not understanding the issue

in windows explorer, the size of "Files" is displayed in the column "size" however the size of "folders" is not displayed, this is not a glitch, this is just the way windows has always worked. the op is asking is there a way to force windows to display the
    size of "folders"

to my knowledge the only way to do this is with a third party software called "folder size" which adds a column titled "folder size" which displays the size of all files AND folders

uatuzwatcher, Feb 3, 2017
  3. folder size

how do I stop folder from gong back to details every time I have in large size it reverts back each time to details size

Johnten(2), Feb 3, 2017
  4. Folder Size

Do you have your hidden files displayed?

When is the last time you reviewed contents of recycle bin?

When this the last time you ran disk clean up on C:?

You should also enter disk management and see how that drive is partitioned. You could even post screen shot although make sure any personal information is blanked out.

Caledon Ken, Feb 3, 2017
  5. This is a D: drive, just for storage. I have hidden files and folders set to show. The recycle bin on that drive is empty. Thanks.

awildttrout, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Also, the drive is not partitioned.

awildttrout, Feb 3, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    The sizes of files can give a misleading of the total, sometimes the amount of storage taken up will be greater. An example would be a single file of 1KB taking up 4KB/4096B of disk space. The default formatting of a drive or partition for NTFS is 4096KB per cluster and can't have two files in that same space without having corruption, what is not used in that cluster is called slack or waste.

Berton, Feb 3, 2017
Thema:

Folder Size

1. Folder Size - Similar Threads - Folder Size

2. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  3. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  4. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  6. Change Size Explorer Folder

Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  7. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  8. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  9. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64
  10. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64