Windows 10: folder sync

Discus and support folder sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP. what is the best way to do it? 75725 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by szuck, Jan 24, 2017.

1. szuck Win User

folder sync

Hi,
    i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP.
    what is the best way to do it?

:)

szuck, Jan 24, 2017

2. Activesync error message

When you set up ActiveSync to sync files between your computer and your windows mobile device, a folder is created on your computer for this purpose. You can find the folder name and path by opening up ActiveSync on your computer, then select Tools >
    Options > highlight FILES & select the Settings button.

To fix this problem:

Create a new folder on your desktop computer (call it TEMP or something like that)

Copy everything (files & folders) from your syncing folder to this new folder.

Delete everything from the syncing folder and sync your Axim. This will remove everything from the My Documents folder of the Axim.

Then add a folder from the TEMP folder to the syncing folder and sync your Axim. This will sync this folder to your Axim.

Assuming that data syncs properly, add the next folder from the TEMP folder to the syncing folder and sync your Axim.

Then add the next folder from the TEMP folder to the syncing folder and sync your Axim.....

Proceed in this manner until you've moved everything from the TEMP folder to your syncing folder.

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices |
    http://pocketprimer.com

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Folder level Sync option in Mail & Calender App Missing!!

One important feature is missing i.e. Separate Sync option for all folders of an account.

I have many folders created in my gmail account but I want only the 'Personal' folder to be synced from 'Any time' and for rest of the folders I want it to sync for 'Last 3 months'. But in this app the sync option applies to all the folders in an account.

The sync option is on 'Folder Level' and not on 'Account Level'.

Is there any option to sync only a particular folder from the start??

VipulRanjan, Jan 24, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User
  5. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Jan 24, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Use built in robocopy it will mirror very simply you can download a free GUI if you need help

Samuria, Jan 24, 2017
  7. vgchat Win User
    Just dropbox it & install dropbox on desired machines.

vgchat, Jan 24, 2017
  8. GregoryP Win User

folder sync

best way dropbox

GregoryP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

folder sync

1. folder sync - Similar Threads - folder sync

2. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  3. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  4. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  5. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

[Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  6. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  7. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  8. Onedrive stuck on syncing files after moving Onedrive folder and says it doesn't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive stuck on syncing files after moving Onedrive folder and says it doesn't have...: I am testing a recovery operation that recovered to two M.2one SATA and one NVMe drives located on an internal PCIe card. One drive is a Windows system drivebookable and one is strictly a data drive. To test the M.2 data drive I take my primary SATA drive offline, to test the...
  9. Onedrive stuck on syncing files after moving Onedrive folder and says it doesn't have...

Onedrive stuck on syncing files after moving Onedrive folder and says it doesn't have...: I am testing a recovery operation that recovered to two M.2one SATA and one NVMe drives located on an internal PCIe card. One drive is a Windows system drivebookable and one is strictly a data drive. To test the M.2 data drive I take my primary SATA drive offline, to test the...
  10. Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?

Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?: When syncing my PC to 'One Drive' I run into an issue. Everything syncs correctly, but one 'shortcut' in a folder won't sync and brings up an error. The error is that I don't have permission and check the permissions. It may be a trial of a 'VST' plugin. I don't mind not...