Windows 10: Folder Template Problem.

Discus and support Folder Template Problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phistar, Jun 1, 2017.

1. phistar Win User

Folder Template Problem.

My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template.
    I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1.
    And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual General type folder.
    How to change it back to default?

sorry for my bad english, hope you guys understand my problem.

:)

phistar, Jun 1, 2017
  2. GlennThum Win User

windows 10 folders options greyed out

I had the exact same problem!

It didn't matter if the file is in the library or deeper down the library path. I could not seem to find
    any folder in any of my libraries that allow template customization.

I use libraries specifically because they can aggregate data across multiple drives, but
    the template format function is disabled for every folder accessed through the library, and template applications seem inconsistent when accessed through the library.
    By drilling down to the relevant folder (sub-folders) directly from the drive, template definition and application works!

I problem was an ongoing annoyance for years, and I could never replicate the display formats that stayed the way I wanted.

Thanks for giving me the clue that folders accessed through libraries are treated differently for templates than folders accessed from the drives.

GlennThum, Jun 1, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Folder Template Problem.

ComputerGeek, Jun 1, 2017
  5. phistar Win User
    phistar, Jun 1, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "there is no Customize option in Program Files folder."

Folder Template Problem. [​IMG]

get by r-click then Customize for General items and apply to subfolders of this type

mrgeek, Jun 1, 2017
  7. phistar Win User
    Folder Template Problem. [​IMG]

No Costumize option.

phistar, Jun 2, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Folder Template Problem.

Brink, Jun 2, 2017
  9. sakiborislam, Jun 2, 2017
  10. phistar Win User
    phistar, Jun 4, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Folder Template Problem.

1. Folder Template Problem. - Similar Threads - Folder Template Problem

2. Why my folder templates never apply ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my folder templates never apply ?: Hello,I'm using windows 11, before in windows 10 I used to change and apply folder template on my folders and subfolders also Folder view option.However, since I moved to windows 11, none of my template and changes to my template are saved or even took into consideration by...
  3. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  4. folder template auto detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder template auto detection: Hi, I would love my windows explorer to always show folders in "list" view pretty simple wish, right?. Now, I understand that this would be silly for, say the desktop, and there may be other folders that have to be except from the general rule. I further understand that...
  5. built-in folder templates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  6. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....
  7. modified settings folder templates forgotten

in Windows 10 Support
    modified settings folder templates forgotten: I modify my folder templates to my liking. During a certain period (for instance some weeks) this modification is remembered. But suddenly only the default templates are active again. Any suggestion why this happens? W10 pro; v1803 124074
  8. File Explorer > Folder Type Template?

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer > Folder Type Template?: For the most part, I do not mind Explorer's autodetecting the folder type (Music, Videos, etc). However, one thing that I miss from Windows 7 is being able to set the "style" for a folder type... where I could choose to display certain columns and have Explorer display those...
  9. Windows choice folder template chaotic

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows choice folder template chaotic: When I create a new folder on desktop or elsewhere (no files in it yet) it chooses as template "video" or sometimes "music" but not "general items". When I copy nested folders with files, which all have the template "general items", to a new location all these folders get...
  10. Change Folder Template in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Template in Windows 10 How to Change the Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes five built-in templates that you can select to optimize the view of your drives, folders, and libraries for General Items, Documents,...