Windows 10: Folder thumbnails not working.

Discus and support Folder thumbnails not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kol12, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Folder thumbnails not working.

As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to apply the right fix rather than an unnecessary one or one that makes things worse...

Folder thumbnails not working. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Nov 13, 2017

2. Can't Customize a Folder Thumbnail

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to customze the thumbnails of each folder in my PC, so I know which folder contains which image.

Unfortunately, the thumbnails of some folders aren't changing when I try to customize it. They just still display default thumbnails when I click Apply and OK buttons after customizing them.

To customize folder thumbnail I usually right-click a folder -> click "properties"-> go into "customize" tab -> click "Choose Picture" button under "Folder pictures" tab -> select the thumbnail image -> and click "Apply" and "OK" button.

While I am able to freely customize the thumbnails of some folders, it doesn't work on other folders even when I'm doing exactly the same thing. What can be the problem here?

Thank you in advance for trying to help me!

A Lost Soul, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Corrupt folder icon image?

This happens if the folder picture (folder.jpg) is an exact square image. Unfortunately, in that case Windows 10 scales down the image visually and shows the white border. Workaround is to crop the image to non-square dimension.

[Fix] Folder Thumbnails Appear With White Border in Windows 10 » Winhelponline :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/folder-thumbnails-white-border-windows-10/

And then, you need to stop WMP from overwriting/replacing the folder thumbnail image (from folder.jpg). This article should help.

WMP Overwrites Album Art and Folder Thumbnails. How to Stop it? » Winhelponline :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wmp-overwrite-album-art-folder-thumbnails-fix/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 13, 2017
Thema:

Folder thumbnails not working.

1. Folder thumbnails not working. - Similar Threads - Folder thumbnails working

2. Thumbnails in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  3. Thumbnails in folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  4. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  5. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  6. bug with thumbnail of folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bug with thumbnail of folders: [ATTACH] for some reason if i put a notepad file into a folder and close the folder the thumbnail of the folder looks slightly corrupted. not sure why but its been like this for a day or 2 and its kind of annoying. already tried clearing out temporary files (thumbnails...
  7. Folder or image Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  8. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  9. Folder Thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Thumbnails not loading: So my folder thumbnails dont load and i see this instead of some of the pictures that are in the folder i see this [ATTACH] i did disk cleanup for thumbnails restarted my pc and then i could see the thumbnails in This Pc > Pictures but the subfolders still dont load but...
  10. Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct: Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files are not working. The folder option of show icon never thumbnail is not checked, and in system performance show thumbnail...