Windows 10: Folder Views

Discus and support Folder Views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Folder Views

Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember column width? The way things display seem random. Generally it will either be list view or details, but sometimes, for example, I will try to "save as" or"import", and the folder that is opened to complete the task will have huge icons.

Folder Options > "View" tab > "Apply to Folders" setting doesn't help.

thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 14, 2016

2. Folder and file views

Hi Rene,

We would like to inform you that files and folders can only be sorted out according to the available options (Date, Name, Type, Size, and Tags). Your desired option for your folders is not available. We recommend and encourage that you submit your issue
    using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help us determine what’s causing it and address
    it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
    Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
    Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
    https://aka.ms/<uniquelink>).

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Lizette Ags, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Folder and file views

Can this be done? I want the contents of all my folders to look like this: detai view, folders at the top alphabetically, files below chronologically newest 1st oldest last. When I search a folder I want the results to appear in detail view.

Thanks all

ReneNeyrey, Oct 14, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Folder Views

Supposedly this should make it work:

1) Go to: Folder Template - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    2) Scroll a little down to #3, download and run All_Folders_Use_General_Items_Folder_Template.bat
    3) Adjust the way you want your folders to show like, then do your step of: Folder Options > "View" tab > "Apply to Folders"

The reason why what you mentioned is happening is because there are different types of files in folders. Windows 10 separates the settings for each file types. The file types are: General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, & Videos. So each type has its own setting now. For example, if you press Apply to Folders when you have a folder open that Windows classifies as Pictures, then all folders that are classified as Pictures will have that same setting that you just set.

pepanee, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

Folder Views

1. Folder Views - Similar Threads - Folder Views

2. Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro, version 18363, they are on a peer-to-peer network. For Both Computers A and B, In the network sharing options for private networks, I have tuned on file and print sharing and turned on Network discovery, and automatic set up of...
  3. View all pictures combined that are in folders so I can delete duplicates?

View all pictures combined that are in folders so I can delete duplicates?: How do I view all pictures combined into one group whick are in folders so I can delete duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-all-pictures-combined-that-are-in-folders-so/660a1260-2b85-4602-b1c4-701bcf93d658"
  4. High CPU usage and taskbar flickering when I view a folder containing PNG files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage and taskbar flickering when I view a folder containing PNG files: I recently received a brand new Dell Latitude 5400 laptop at work which runs Windows 10 Pro x64, and I have noticed that every time I open or view a folder which contains any *.PNG image files, the taskbar icons begin to flash every second or so and I can see the CPU usage...
  5. after moving photos from phone to pc, one folder became 11tb and i cant view the images

after moving photos from phone to pc, one folder became 11tb and i cant view the images: every other folder is fine, just the one for some reason. all the photos inside are exactly 11.7 gb, but when you open properties it says that "size on disk" is normal, but "size" is huge. I have tried: -opening in different viewers -moving back to the phone, it moved the...
  6. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !: I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution...
  7. Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer?

Why does not "apply this view" work any more in the folder options for the Explorer?: Hello, I've just done the latest Windows 10 update in my PC. After that I've got an undesired view option in most folders and the "apply this view" function for the Explorer does not work to correct it. The function you are supposed to get when you click the button "Apply...
  8. Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much: This is again another thread about Downloads folder annoyance, that is Microsoft default folder view settings for this folder. When I upgrade to version 1903 and this happens to me, there a question that keeps coming up in my head, why in the world would Microsoft just makes...
  9. Restore folder full view with moving just mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore folder full view with moving just mouse.: Hello, On Win 7, when opened folder (any folder, outlook screen and etc.) was partly moved of screen - it was easy to get back full view just by going with mouse on the screens edge and the remaining part of folder (that was initially moved partly of screen) would just...
  10. Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 News
    Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer allows users to group the files by Date, File size, Type, Size, or None. However, now, Windows 10 users have reported that their files in Downloads folder are grouped by Date modified, and they have been unable [...] This post Restore...