Windows 10: folder views

Discus and support folder views in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows keeps changing my folder view on my usb drives... i have some folders set as small icons, some folders set as medium icons... but windows keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by todd24, Dec 9, 2016.

1. todd24 Win User

folder views

windows keeps changing my folder view on my usb drives... i have some folders set as small icons, some folders set as medium icons... but windows keeps changing to "details view" and no matter how many times i change it back windows will change it to details view again... it creates a mess in my folders

:)

todd24, Dec 9, 2016

2. Folder and file views

Hi Rene,

We would like to inform you that files and folders can only be sorted out according to the available options (Date, Name, Type, Size, and Tags). Your desired option for your folders is not available. We recommend and encourage that you submit your issue
    using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help us determine what’s causing it and address
    it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
    Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
    Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
    https://aka.ms/<uniquelink>).

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Lizette Ags, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Folder and file views

Can this be done? I want the contents of all my folders to look like this: detai view, folders at the top alphabetically, files below chronologically newest 1st oldest last. When I search a folder I want the results to appear in detail view.

Thanks all

ReneNeyrey, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

folder views

Are you unplugging the USB drives after making the changes then plugging them in later? If so such changes will usually be lost. My experience is that changes of Folder views are static for Internal drives but not so much with removable drives.

Berton, Dec 9, 2016
  5. todd24 Win User
    nope... they been connected to my pc all the time.. its just that windows likes to change the views in my folders without my permission and it creates a mess in my folders with all my files

todd24, Dec 9, 2016
  6. todd24 Win User
    bumping for a solution.. its driving me nuts

todd24, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

folder views

1. folder views - Similar Threads - folder views

2. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  3. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  4. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  5. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  6. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  7. Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own

Folders view options randomly resets back to default on its own: My folders are usually arranged to have the Large Icons view, sorted by Date Modified, and Group By None. However, every now and then, it randomly reverts back to the default Details view and sorted by name. Sometimes, the "Group by" option is re-enabled again.Why is Windows...
  8. How to fix the view of File folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the view of File folders: When using the file folders with the Windows 11 update some things changed that make working more difficult on the image I would love to not have to take the extra step of clicking more options. How can I keep it on the view with more options? Also the path bar I used to be...
  9. How to fix the view of File folders

How to fix the view of File folders: When using the file folders with the Windows 11 update some things changed that make working more difficult on the image I would love to not have to take the extra step of clicking more options. How can I keep it on the view with more options? Also the path bar I used to be...
  10. When typing in the File Explorer view to select a folder, each letter I enter moves to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When typing in the File Explorer view to select a folder, each letter I enter moves to the...: When using the File Explorer, I used to be able to go to a file or folder by typing out its name such as typing 'PH' and it would already be on the Photos folder. Now for some reason in one particular folder whenever I type letters it jumps between the first folder of every...