Windows 10: Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

Discus and support Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently updated to win10 1803 and since then my This PC - Quick Access and Libraries folders icons are all greyed out and when I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Memsahib, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Memsahib Win User

Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

I have recently updated to win10 1803 and since then my This PC - Quick Access and Libraries folders icons are all greyed out and when I check properties they are showing as hidden. I have so many of them - do I have to change every folder individually? I also seem to have two document folders in Libraries each with the same subfolders and files and all hidden. I am attaching a snip of Documents in This PC and the two document folders in Libraries
    FYIMy Data is all on drive D
    I use Carbonite cloud backup which is what the little green ( backed up)or gold dots (waiting to be backed up) are on each folder

BTW This is on my Asus ZenBook UX305UA

:)

Memsahib, Aug 25, 2018
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Aug 25, 2018
  3. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update :D

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

1. Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Folders files are

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  5. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  6. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  7. search for hidden files & folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search for hidden files & folders: I have studied the "Advanced Query Syntax" document at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa965711(v=vs.85).aspx but I cannot find an answer to this question: How do I SEARCH FOR (not just show) folders and files whose properties include as an attribute that the...
  8. Missing files after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after 1803 update: Hello! My pc has updated to 1803, I used to use Homegroup to stream my videos etc to my Sharp tv. I have gone through the new networking procedures, now when I try to access the videos from my tv, I see the directories, but not the files. Does anyone know how the files etc....
  9. Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: How to: Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 How to Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are...
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...