Windows 10: Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize

Discus and support Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open any desktop folder and try to resize it to a smaller size it goes to a small unusable size. From this size one can maximize or minimize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1g2th3, Oct 16, 2017.

1. 1g2th3 Win User

Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize

When I open any desktop folder and try to resize it to a smaller size it goes to a small unusable size. From this size one can maximize or minimize the window but can not resize it. It also goes into a loop and when I close the window, my desktop and system tray icons temporarily blink off. This is clearly a problem with Windows so how do I adjust the settings for them?
    One can resize app windoes, PDF folders, Word and Excel folders for example. Just not any folders created by Windows 10

:)

1g2th3, Oct 16, 2017

2. In Documents, when I click on the icon to Restore Down only the top one third of the page is visible

You're referring to resizing folders and sub-folders, not the actual document in DOC or XLT or HTML or some other format, right?

With only that one folder open, right-click on the Taskbar and select Cascade or Show windows stacked or Show windows side by side. After selecting any of those can you resize the window?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 16, 2017
  3. candun Win User
    How can you resize photos (or photo folders) in Windows 10 Photos App?

How can you resize photos (or photo folders) in Windows 10 Photos App?

In Windows Live Photo Gallery and Paint you could, can individually resize the photos (or photos folder) on your PC's Pictures folder, to save space?

How can you do same with Windows 10 Photos App, this app has a 'photo edit': exposure, colour etc.. facility but not a 'resize' facility.

candun, Oct 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It happens when the registry setting gets screwed up. It is from Automatic Windows resizing and docking in Ease of Access.

bro67, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize - Similar Threads - Folders folders resize

2. Read Only Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Only Folders: My folders have suddenly become marked as Read Only and I can't change it. In the Security tab all the permissions that have been allowed are checked, but grayed out. I haven't changed anything in regards to my system other than installing Windows updates. I'm running Windows...
  3. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  4. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  5. Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10: I need a solution to keep my application windows the same size and position or a way to reset them to default. I'm really OCD about folder/app window sizes and their position on the desktop. But every so often they'll get oddly resized and moved across some corner or space...
  6. Read only folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read only folders: Hi I am using windows 10 Home addition. And I am facing two problems. 1. My folders in laptop has become read-only. I have tried to un-check read-only from properties, and as well as from CMD prompt window by using Attrib -R +S\ command. But still no luck. for your...
  7. folder read-only

folder read-only: After win 10 update, my d: drive folders are all set to read-only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-read-only/d9db2b95-c622-46db-8e5e-7b4fe1620ff0
  8. Read-only folders

Read-only folders: All folders on both computers on my home network have become read-only; the files within them are not showing as read-only, but cannot be amended due to the folder permissions. I have tried the solutions referenced on line using security permissions, allowing inheritance etc....
  9. Resize everything in a single folder

Resize everything in a single folder: i wanna know if it's possible in pathfinder to make everything i one folder one size for example extra large icon but every other folder regular sized....
  10. Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize: First post, hi. I downloaded Windows 10 on release and despite its flaws, I actually like it. I am finding an issue with Explorer though. I've noticed that the preview image icon for folders doesn't resize itself to fit within the folder preview section, so if the image...