Windows 10: Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Discus and support Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem. I have several folders which contain... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SteveRA, Dec 18, 2017.

1. SteveRA Win User

Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Hi All,

I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem.

I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files in the folders from Word Document format to Word 97-2003 format in one fell swoop? Right now it seems like I can do them only one at a time by going into each document, and changing the file format under "Export" in the "File" drop-down menu. Of course, doing them one by one is not feasible. When I select all there is no export or change format option...

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

:)

SteveRA, Dec 18, 2017

2. Docx.

Office 2007 files are not compatible with your device. You'll need to save your Office 2007 files, like Word & Excel files, as Office 2003 files (doc & xls) if you want to open them on your hx2410. You can do this when you save the files. Instead of
    selecting Save, you'll select Save As and then select Word 97-2003 (if you are saving a Word document).

You can also set an option inf Office 2007 to save all your files automatically in 97-2003 format as follows:

On your computer, open up Word 2007, select the large icon at the top left hand side of screen and then select Word Options.

Select Save and then select the down arrow to the far right of "Save Files in this Format" and choose Word 97-2003.

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | PocketPrimer

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Opening a pws file on my desktop

Hello. You are running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. Do you have the option on the AXIM Pocket Word program "Save as Word 97/2000 document"? The .pws is for Pocket Word. The 97/2000 should save in .doc format and open on your desktop.

Resourceful, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Hi Steve. Welcome to the TenForums @SteveRA

I did a searched for "Batch Convert docx to doc word"

There are tools. Below is one. I have NOT used this tool, I'm providing as a beginning point of your search. These folks want $39.

As with all things downloaded please run a scan before installing.

https://www.extendoffice.com/product...cx-to-doc.html

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
  5. SteveRA Win User
    Hi Mark - thanks, but problem solved - Doxillion Document Converter : )

SteveRA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

1. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format - Similar Threads - Folders converting Word

2. Help adjusting format in Word doc with a table - is this the wrong forum for this question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help adjusting format in Word doc with a table - is this the wrong forum for this question?: HI,I created my resume in a Word doc and a forum moderator modified it about a year ago. I have now added some new content and the person who did the formatting never provided instructions on how to update it. I am hoping someone can take a look at it and help me understand...
  3. Word referencing format issue!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word referencing format issue!!: For some reason when I have entered in my references as normal, they are not populating correctly, and are in a strange format. how do I change this back to normal?...
  4. convert *.wpf file to *.doc word file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert *.wpf file to *.doc word file: How can I convert old WordPerfect *.WFP files to Word *.DOC files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-wpf-file-to-doc-word-file/0752f9eb-baf6-4d6b-9816-93530495ea8a
  5. HOW TO CONVERT A PDF FILE TO A WORD DOC

HOW TO CONVERT A PDF FILE TO A WORD DOC: HOW TO CONVERT A PDF FILE TO A WORD DOC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-pdf-file-to-a-word-doc/f6e14f1a-edb7-4c1d-a8a2-e8827e947337"
  6. Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting: I use Word (Office 365; Win 10 Pro 1903) for music lead sheets. I have the guitar chords in a larger font on a line above the lyric. If I try to copy the line of chords (in red in the following screenshot), and then paste it into the 3rd line above the line "The oranges are...
  7. Unable to convert Word doc to PDF

Unable to convert Word doc to PDF: When I convert word doc to pdf the resulting document does not contain photos, loses a full page of text, & re-orders the document. What can I do to fix the problem? I have the most current version of Office 365. Thanks....
  8. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  9. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  10. Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2003 & Microsoft Input Converter ?: I'm still using Word 2003 as I've used it for years and still works just fine especially when compared to later more complicated versions. However recently I've started getting a message saying I must install "Microsoft Input Converter" first before I can open anything. I've...