Windows 10: Folders in libraries appear as long strips

Discus and support Folders in libraries appear as long strips in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly, all the folders in my libraries are appearing as a long strip down the left side of the page with a scroll bar instead of fitting across the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dustnik, Aug 3, 2017.

1. dustnik Win User

Folders in libraries appear as long strips

Suddenly, all the folders in my libraries are appearing as a long strip down the left side of the page with a scroll bar instead of fitting across the entire screen like they used to. I must have hit a wrong setting somewhere but can't figure out how to undo this weirdness. Please help.

:)

dustnik, Aug 3, 2017

2. Explorer Libraries

I followed the instructions and the Libraries appeared. However, my main library folder has a bunch of stuff in it that was not here (files) and my many folders are not there. How do I get my folders back? Is this an hours long hunt for years of files
    put into libraries?

Classic Boatwork, Aug 3, 2017
  3. AJ88CAB Win User
    Can no longer reorder Quick Access folders in list

So expanding on SkipK's post above...

It appears that if you pin anything from the "Libraries" list into "Quick Access" you can't move folders, except to the top.

You can tell which folders are "Libraries" folders by clicking on them, if it says "Libraries" in the address bar, unpin it.

Then find the folder you want to pin in the normal Windows Explorer list (not Library) and pin that to Quick Access. As long as you do that you can move things around to your hearts content...!!!

AJ88CAB, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 3, 2017
  5. dustnik Win User
    I tried manually dragging the margin to the right and it expanded somewhat, but there is still a blank area on the right. It says Select a file to preview. Sorry. I've never been able to post a screen shot.

dustnik, Aug 3, 2017
  6. dustnik Win User
    I think I figured this out now. I had clicked the preview button under view for some reason and only had to click it again. Thank you.

dustnik, Aug 3, 2017
  7. Mooly Win User
    If you press Ctrl and PrntScr together you should be able to copy an image of what is on your screen to the 'clipboard'. Having done that try opening Windows Paint, and then at the top left of Paint select 'paste' where you can paste the clipboard image into Paint. Then save the file (top left where it says 'File').

Then come back here and use the 'insert image' button to upload your image.

Folders in libraries appear as long strips [​IMG]

Mooly, Aug 3, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news. *Party

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Folders in libraries appear as long strips - Similar Threads - Folders libraries appear

2. Videos folder/library appears twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos folder/library appears twice: The Videos folder/library appears twice in Explorer. Once in This PC, as a system folder - empty.Once in Quick Access because I set it that way as a Library, with the other folders I included.Even better, the empty Videos folder appears in the Videos library. Nothing I can to...
  3. Videos folder/library appears twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos folder/library appears twice: The Videos folder/library appears twice in Explorer. Once in This PC, as a system folder - empty.Once in Quick Access because I set it that way as a Library, with the other folders I included.Even better, the empty Videos folder appears in the Videos library. Nothing I can to...
  4. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, it is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  5. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  6. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  7. minecraft not appearing in my library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft not appearing in my library: my church leader bought me minecraft windows 10 as a gift, and i had to redeem the code blah blah blah. that was earlier this year. i wiped the laptop i redeemed the code on. im logged into the account/email that the code & minecraft applied to but i cant play it- it wants me...
  8. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  9. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  10. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...