Windows 10: Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window

Discus and support Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It only happens when I open the Downloads folder from Quick Access and This PC. [img] I've already checked the Folder Option. Launch folder windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hahahuhu, Jan 27, 2016.

1. hahahuhu Win User

Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window

It only happens when I open the Downloads folder from Quick Access and This PC.

Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window [​IMG]

I've already checked the Folder Option. Launch folder windows in separate process and Open each folder in its own windows both are unchecked

and I also tried everything that I've found, but nothing works

:)

hahahuhu, Jan 27, 2016

2. On File Explorer folders inside desktop open in new window

Hello,

On File Explorer all folders inside Desktop folder (and only on Desktop folder) open in new Window. The option "Open each folder in the same window" is checked.

Thank you.

ChristopherVas, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Error code 0x80070032

If that is the case, your original account is possibly corrupted. We highly recommend creating a new administrator account, and then transfer your files from your original account to the new one. To know how you can create a new administrator user, follow
    the steps here. After creating a new account, follow the steps below on how
    you can transfer you files to the new account:

• Access File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, choose This PC.
    • Double-click Local Disk (CFolders inside Downloads folder open in new window :).
    • Open the Users folder.
    • Open the folder of your original account.
    • Access one of the folders and copy the files inside it. (Example: Open the
      Documents
      folder and copy the files insider that folder)
    • Go back to the Users folder, and then access the folder of the new account.
    • Access the same folder that you've opened when you accessed the folder of your original account and paste the files there. (In the example, you've accessed the Documents folder of your original account and copied all of its files. You must also open the
      Documents folder of the new account and paste the files inside that folder.
    • Repeat steps 4-8 until you've transferred all of your files to the new account.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jan 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt. You may have some bad system files

lmaneke, Jan 28, 2016
  5. hahahuhu Win User

hahahuhu, Jan 30, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Is this Windows 10 version 1511 10586? I'm running the RTM 10240 and not experiencing this issue.

Odd issue for sure. Curious to want to upgrade back to 10586, or install a VM to see if it duplicates the issue

lmaneke, Jan 30, 2016
  7. hahahuhu Win User
    yeah. it's the latest one. It happened a week ago. I was moving some files from Downloads folder to Music folder. After it finished the explorer restarted itself and when I try to open any folder inside the Downloads folder it open in new window. It happen only when I open Downloads folder from This PC or Quick Access but if I open it from C drive (C:\Users\Username\Downloads) the folder inside it open in the same window

hahahuhu, Jan 30, 2016
  8. lmaneke Win User

Sounds like a small Windows 10 bug.

I just tried it again on my computer with version 10240, and the issue still don't replicate. Hmmmm that is very weird

lmaneke, Jan 30, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    Hello hahahuhu,

There has been another question on this Forum for the same problem you had. Were you able to resolve it and can you provide any details?

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  10. lmaneke Win User
    I upgraded to 10586.104 and I'm not experiencing this issue. Hope you found a fix

lmaneke, Feb 24, 2016
  11. Hello there. I have that same build and I have the issue, sadly.

rinarunine, Feb 25, 2016
  12. hahahuhu Win User
    I "fixed" this weird bug yesterday by re-install the OS. So for now the only way to fix this thing is by re-install the OS. If someone found another way to fix this, please share.

hahahuhu, Feb 25, 2016
  13. jongjeu Win User

my temporary solution

jongjeu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window - Similar Threads - Folders inside Downloads

2. Downloads Folder - New Download Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder - New Download Files: When I download a file to Downloads Folder, I cannot see the file, unless I refresh F5 the Downloads Folder.Is there an option / feature available to automate this? So whenever new files are downloaded, they are listed at top of the list based on Date Modified....
  3. Downloads Folder - New Download Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Folder - New Download Files: When I download a file to Downloads Folder, I cannot see the file, unless I refresh F5 the Downloads Folder.Is there an option / feature available to automate this? So whenever new files are downloaded, they are listed at top of the list based on Date Modified....
  4. Problem to open the download folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem to open the download folder.: When I am going to open the downloads folder it shows that it is on working mood. Some times later shows not response. I attached a screenshot please see it....
  5. Stop folders opening in new window

Stop folders opening in new window: Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window Windows 10I've checked in Explorer under the general tab and made sure on “Open each folder in the same Window” is ticked.I ran “sfc /SCANNOW” with Command Prompt Elevated. It says, “Windows Resource Protection did not find any...
  6. Download Folder won't open

Download Folder won't open: When I click on the download folder in the Windows 10 Explorer I just see "Working on it..." and it never opens. See screen capture images below for other messages. Any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. All folders open in a new window.

All folders open in a new window.: When I open a folder, it's open in a new window. All folders open in a new window. I want to resolve this problem. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-open-in-a-new-window/adfe3506-25ad-4e33-9841-dfdc7af5fc80"
  8. Folders inside other Folders

Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  9. Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...: So "This PC" has a series of folders: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc... I have my preferences to "Open each folder in the same window". For most folders, this works exactly as it should. However, whenever I open a sub folder in the Downloads folder, it opens...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...