Windows 10: Folders on Start Menu

Discus and support Folders on Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Last question on customizing Windows 10 *Smile Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose which folder appear on Start I need to enable ONLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omidsolo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Folders on Start Menu

Hi,
    Last question on customizing Windows 10 *Smile
    Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose which folder appear on Start
    I need to enable ONLY the following ones:

File Explorer
    Settings
    Documents
    Downloads
    Personal Folder

As usual via registry!
    In Windows 7 the key was:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

For example: "Start_ShowDownloads"=dword:00000001
    But in Windows 10 registry address is changed I think.
    Anyone knows the new address?
    Thanks in advance *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Amir Pro Win User

Folders Icons not shown on the start menu!

Hi, recently I've installed a done a fresh installation and everything was going fine till now that all programs I've installed so far, if put into a folder, no folder icon is show as the screenshot and only programs in the root folder have icons. I don't
    know what to do. Anytime I install windows some part is malfunctioning!!! May someone help me solve this problem please?

Folders on Start Menu [​IMG]

Amir Pro, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Can't choose folders to appear on Start Menu

On my computer, it's inversed. I've got all the folders, except "Settings". Anyone?

ErikBaetens, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Ringel05 Win User

Folders on Start Menu

I think it's under LOCAL_MACHINE but don't quote me on that.

Ringel05, Sep 2, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thousands of keys under HKLM *Eek

omidsolo, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Ringel05 Win User
    I know...... Good luck.......

Ringel05, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Go to each folder in Explorer. Right-click on the folder and select 'Pin to Start'. You can put them on the Task bar too.

OldGuyGeek, Sep 2, 2015
  8. omidsolo Win User

Folders on Start Menu

Please read the question, need to do it via registry only!

omidsolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Folders on Start Menu

1. Folders on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Folders Start Menu

2. Missing folders in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  3. Missing folders in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  4. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  5. Folder in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder in Start Menu: I accidently created a folder in the start menu by dragging one app over top of another but I hesitated a little to long and it automatically created a folder. How do I remove the folder from Start?...
  6. Create folders in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create folders in the start menu?: I have tried creating a folder in every known location to get an additional folder to show up in the start menu so I can throw some games and what not under it...does anyone have any idea how to do this? I've tried creating a folder named "Games" in the following:...
  7. Start menu folders are not indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu folders are not indexed: Hi all, In win 7 I was able to put folders and shortcuts on the desktop (or every indexed folder) and when I went to: - START - SEARCH I was able to write a folder or shorcut or even a portion of them and Win 7 gave me immediately the chance to click on them (just...
  8. Folder to Start Menu Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder to Start Menu Question: I am trying to move a folder/directory to Start Menu, but when I drag it onto the start menu, it just shows red circle with line through it... How do I add folders to start menu left side? 9961
  9. Start menu folders within folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu folders within folders: Sorry this is kind of hard to explain. On Windows 7 start menu you could have a folder such as EA Games and then sub folders within. For example a folder for tiger woods golf, a folder for say Fifa and so on. It seems on Windows 10 you can only have one folder level. I have...
  10. Start Menu Folder Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Folder Access: Hi, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, as I did a search and couldn't find anything, but I might be phrasing it oddly. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to allow folder access through the start menu in Windows 10? By folder access, I mean like in Windows...