Windows 10: Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

Discus and support Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; saturdy i replaced my motherboard and then reinstalled 10 pro 1703. everything was working great until after a reboot when i would click on a folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017.

1. Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

saturdy i replaced my motherboard and then reinstalled 10 pro 1703. everything was working great until after a reboot when i would click on a folder or a program shortcut it would open the properties instead of launching the program or opening the folder. i ran into this once before on a friends system and manged to fix it, but for the life of me this time i couldn't remember what i did to fix it, so this time i just did a reset of windows. if anyone knows the fix for this can you post a link so i have a reference to fall back on if the issue arises again? thanks

:)

ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017

2. Cortana wont play my music

When i open the music files properties it says it is stored in C/Users/Mike, but it shows up in the This PC folder as well.

MikeTreesap, May 8, 2017
  3. backup windows 7 to windows 10

Did you open this backup on 10 or just looking at properties that says 0 bytes and no files or folders?

My images and back ups show 0 bytes. But if you open them with admin privileges, then you will see the size and files/folders and usually after you open the backup or image then check the main icon that was 0 bytes and it will most likely show the actual
    size, files and folders now.

seahawks65, May 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

Don't know if it fits your problem but some time back saw where the mouse was the problem, the buttons got switched in Control Panel, Mouse which worked fine for a left-handed person. I still have a couple of clients using that setting.

Berton, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

1. Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening - Similar Threads - Folders Showing Properties

2. The properties window is not opening for Files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The properties window is not opening for Files and folders: Hi?I have a Windows 11 Home Edition on HP Omen. My problem is when I right click properties or even use ALT+ENTER on a file or folder to open properties of that file/folder it does not open. Properties is not opening a dialogue window. Tried to search for solutions and...
  3. The properties window is not opening for Files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The properties window is not opening for Files and folders: Hi?I have a Windows 11 Home Edition on HP Omen. My problem is when I right click properties or even use ALT+ENTER on a file or folder to open properties of that file/folder it does not open. Properties is not opening a dialogue window. Tried to search for solutions and...
  4. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  5. WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties: Windows 10 not showing file and folders properties. I am trying all methods that u told before about same problems to others users. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-showing-folder-properties/61725fa3-1685-4367-8238-eadf2f3d007e
  6. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  7. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size: My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb. How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. odd problem that shows erroneous data in folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    odd problem that shows erroneous data in folder properties: Need some help to understand a confusing situation. The issue is that when I click on ‘properties’ of duplicate folders on different drives, the size/file count isn’t the same… The situation is that I am creating a backup architecture, using 2 hard drives, and 2 USB drives....
  9. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...
  10. File properties in folders not showing special letter

in Windows 10 Support
    File properties in folders not showing special letter: Hi, Whenever I try to change a file properties to one with special letters it's automatically changes the letter to '?'. For exaple: If I have a .mp3 sonf file and I go to the file's properties-> Details. And in the Title I want to change to name to "Mañana" ('tomorrow'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows open folder showing properties