Windows 10: Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update)

Discus and support Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So, yesterday i did a fresh windows 10 installation and noticed something a bit off, the folders name/text and spacing are aligned to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Surreal90, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Surreal90 Win User

Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update)

Hi everyone,
    So, yesterday i did a fresh windows 10 installation and noticed something a bit off, the folders name/text and spacing are aligned to the left, not centered as it used to:

Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update) [​IMG]

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 RS1 (x64)

Thanks *Smile.

:)

Surreal90, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 file names not centered after anniversary update

Hello. I just updated to Win 10 Anniversary Update and I love it. However I just noticed the file and folder names are aligned to the left and not centered as they have been for years and years. It's not the end of the world but now that I know it's there
    its annoying! Is there anyway to change this?

Fernando Arana, Aug 3, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    the folder name highlight is long even though the folder name is very short

We as users do not have control over this setting in Windows 10 when Layout is set to list . . .

In programming terms, Windows File Explorer uses a ListView Component to display files/folders. In Windows 7 they were left aligned and each one only took up the space necessary to display the file/folder text. In Windows 10 this is not the case, each column
    will be the width of the longest file/folder name in the column . . .

Think of it like text in a document:

left align - each line can be a different length

justify - all lines will be the same width

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update)

1. Folders text/name alignment in Windows 10 RS1 (anniversary update) - Similar Threads - Folders text name

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v1607) (RS1) stuck at welcome screen after apply KB KB4467684

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v1607) (RS1) stuck at welcome screen after apply KB KB4467684: Anyone facing the same issue OR any experts can save me....my company has already more than 5 PCs reported this issue after install this KB. please don't advise to restore .......
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: My system shows Ver 1511 10586.545, Anniversary update never comes up when I update daily? Running Windows10 64 bit Pro,should I just keeping checking for update. 62357
  5. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  6. Putting folder names in a text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541
  7. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered.: Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered. Before update it was centered. Is this new default behavior? Can I change it. Before. [img] After update [img] 59269
  9. Text in Files and Folders Names Aligned to the Left Instead of Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in Files and Folders Names Aligned to the Left Instead of Center: Hi guys and admins Few days ago I wanted to fix a very annoying problem on my windows 10. This was my problem: "Text in Files and Folders Names Aligned to the Left Instead of Center" I could solve this problem with a registry file which I downloaded from here:...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...