Windows 10: Font Change after Install

Discus and support Font Change after Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a CAD drafter. After install of Win. 10, All of my saved font styles were reverted to standard. I REALLY need a fix for this. I am currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmidl, Aug 5, 2015.

1. tinmidl Win User

Font Change after Install

I am a CAD drafter. After install of Win. 10, All of my saved font styles were reverted to standard. I REALLY need a fix for this. I am currently working on about 6 projects and every page is incorrectly set up now. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!

:)

tinmidl, Aug 5, 2015

2. Changed my font, and changed it back to the default Segoe UI but on screen numbers are gone?

Hi there, No i don't remember installing any updates prior. I just know that the issue started after changing my font to Roboto. No error messages either. I've also tried changing the font to Arial Bold and the font changed, but the issue still remained.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

GroovyWolf, Aug 5, 2015
  3. After installing Windows 10, I can no longer change the font or signature in the option section.

After installing Windows 10, I'm having problems with the font and signature option. I can't change the font and I can't select 'html' to add the code for a picture.

hipsterdufus, Aug 5, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Have you tried reinstalling any missing fonts?

cyberSAR, Aug 5, 2015
  5. tinmidl Win User
    All of the fonts are still installed. After the installation of Win. 10, all of my saved annotation styles in Auto Cad were wiped out..... Which means all of my previous drawings will revert to wingdings or whatever the original font is. I have hundreds of DWG. and DXF. files with as many as 60 pages each. I had to recreate annotation styles to be saved in a template for future drawings. I need to know how to revert all the previous drawings to the previously saved annotation styles or to the new styles.

tinmidl, Aug 5, 2015
  6. cyberSAR Win User
    Sorry, I have no experience with autocad other than just installing it. Maybe an autocad forum might offer some options. Good luck.

cyberSAR, Aug 5, 2015
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    I'm unfamiliar with AutoCAD saved annotation styles, so unfortunately I can't help you. However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed Microsoft had removed some fonts, even Microsoft's own fonts such as Tunga had been removed and the Microsoft Typography website just sends you to fonts.com to buy them back (seriously).

I don't wish to tell you to suck eggs, but when you say ..."will revert to wingdings or whatever the original font is" are you sure the original font is still there and it's not one of the ones that Microsoft has removed?

ARC1020, Aug 5, 2015
  8. tinmidl Win User

Yes their still there. I has to update my template because of this ordeal. I'm in the process of restoring back to win 8.1 now in hopes it will resolve the issue.

tinmidl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Font Change after Install - Similar Threads - Font Change Install

2. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  3. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  4. font issue after installing new font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font issue after installing new font: after installing new font in windows 11, some text in specific language in browsers is like this [][][][]. i have tried several browsers . this problem only on browser. before installing font it was perfect . how to fix this?...
  5. font issue after installing new font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    font issue after installing new font: after installing new font in windows 11, some text in specific language in browsers is like this [][][][]. i have tried several browsers . this problem only on browser. before installing font it was perfect . how to fix this?...
  6. Font changed after cleanboot HELP!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font changed after cleanboot HELP!!!: I was looking for ways to reduce the RAM usage and followed the steps from here: the comment by Carlo TJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-ram-consumption-in-windows-10/cb42a95f-8fe8-47dc-9721-d31e5379b826But after restarting the font...
  7. Font changed after cleanboot HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after cleanboot HELP!!!: I was looking for ways to reduce the RAM usage and followed the steps from here: the comment by Carlo TJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-ram-consumption-in-windows-10/cb42a95f-8fe8-47dc-9721-d31e5379b826But after restarting the font...
  8. System Font changed after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Font changed after Update: After doing a system update last night I come back to find my computer like this. It seems the default font has changed? I have no idea how I would change it back, and navigating the settings is impossible due to the current font. [IMG]...
  9. Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font: Hi! I recently downloaded new fonts and installed them in the fonts folder Windows 10. What happened is that all my fonts changed name after installing one, I can't delete them or rename them. I know it's a problem with Trusted Installer but I can't go through all of the...
  10. Font changed after 1909 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font changed after 1909 Update: For some reason the font changed to italic or something like that for some reason (see taskbar and right click menu). Any clue why that happen? I tried to restore default fonts through Control Panel but had no luck, any help is much appreciated submitted by /u/Lefty_K98...