Windows 10: Font changing in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Font changing in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JoeMaynard, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new, old-fashioned, ugly font (which I eventually found out was Consolas.) I searched everywhere on the internet to find a solution on how to change the font, however I found no answer. I then tried to delete the font from the system, which it did. It removed it from the system. However, it was still being used in Microsoft edge somehow and the problem remained. The font is only as Consolas when I search on a search engine, and it shows up on the results and in the search bar. Also, it shows up on some websites where it defaults to the default font. Why has my font changed? How can I fix it and get back the old regular font? Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Edge? If so, how?

Thanks, Joe.

:)

JoeMaynard, Oct 10, 2015

2. Is there any way to change microsoft edge browser font ? How ???

Hi Kabir,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would like to let you know that you can change the fonts in Microsoft Edge.
    Please refer the following link to change font in Microsoft Edge:

Changing the font style and size for reading view in Microsoft Edge

Hope this answers your question. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 10, 2015
  3. how to change font in MIcrosoft edge and Mail app.

Hi,

The question was, I believe, "how to change the font", and not "font size".

The built-in UNICODE font of Microsoft Edge does not support some languages properly. That was why I needed to change to another Unicode Font, which supports our languages and European languages correctly.

Do we have an option to change the "Font" in Microsoft Edge?

Thank you, and regards

Dinesh Muciliath Jayadevan

Dinesh Jayadevan, Oct 10, 2015
Thema:

Font changing in Microsoft Edge

1. Font changing in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Font changing Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge header font vs. body

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge header font vs. body: Just installed Windows 11. I noticed the header font is very large vs. the body fonts. I know how to adjust the body fonts, but not the header. Is there a way to reduce the header font size without affecting the body fonts?Thank you ahead....
  3. Enlarge tab fonts in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarge tab fonts in Microsoft Edge: How can fonts in tabs be increased in Windows Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-tab-fonts-in-microsoft-edge/50a31e7c-f3ec-4125-a29d-a6d3bd3903ee
  4. Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.: After I changed the fonts in notepad from Tahoma to Times New Roman (also increasing the font sizes), I suddenly realized that all my fonts in Microsoft Edge and other browsers messed up - normal letter becomes italics or becomes bold etc. I have tried in Edge Setting -...
  5. Changing Font Size of Edge Favorites Bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Font Size of Edge Favorites Bar.: I have been wrestling with this problem for a while on my way to Edge. The example below show Edge, Firefox and a part of the desktop. Please note then size of the fonts in the appropriate browser. The font there in Edge's Favorites bar is too small for me to read...
  6. How to change the default font size and style in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the default font size and style in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]The new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge includes settings that allow you to change the font size globally for all websites, including for settings. Also, the settings […] This article How to change the default font size and style in Microsoft Edge browser first...
  7. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge: Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692
  8. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...
  9. Microsoft Edge font size and style changed for some reason

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge font size and style changed for some reason: In the last day or two, I noticed that the font size and style on the vast majority of websites that I visit has been changed, and it's not a good change! It looks like Times New Roman now, and though I don't know what the font style was before, I know it wasn't this. Also, I...
  10. Change the font used in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the font used in Edge: Hi Edge on my system appears to be using Times Roman as the default font is there anyway I can change this as it is not particularly readable on my system. I've played around with the settings that are available under Reading but it hasn't helped. As a second question...